1.    #1  
    http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/20/t...8gb-sdhc-card/

Now, can we make it work for the Treo! Oh please!!
    I want one.

Drool.
    Darn the timing. My 4gb card just arrived, literally, 5 minutes ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    Darn the timing. My 4gb card just arrived, literally, 5 minutes ago.
    What brand did you get J? How is it working?

I have been a SanDisk user forever, but their 4gb is a SDHC -- do the High Capacity designated cards work in the 650 w/Fat 32 or the 700p?

Cheers, Perry.
    I don't think the Treo can use SD 2.0.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I don't think the Treo can use SD 2.0.
    RIGHT! Which is why I asked above, CAN SOMEONE MAKE IT WORK?

Hello, anyone out there in custom ROM land up to the task? Is it even possible? Dare we say...ssshhhhh [firmware update????] Anyone know????
    Is SD 2.0 accessible by hardware or software support? I thought I'd read somewhere only the next generation of devices will support SD 2.0, making me believe it's hardware related. But I could be wrong.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    What brand did you get J? How is it working?

I have been a SanDisk user forever, but their 4gb is a SDHC -- do the High Capacity designated cards work in the 650 w/Fat 32 or the 700p?

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry, I got a Transcend 150x for my 700p, and it is absolutely fantastic. It's even a snugger fit than the SanDisks I have been using. See my post #205 in this thread for a little more detail on how well it works: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...107425&page=11
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    Perry, I got a Transcend 150x for my 700p, and it is absolutely fantastic. It's even a snugger fit than the SanDisks I have been using. See my post #205 in this thread for a little more detail on how well it works: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...107425&page=11

Thanks!

There might be one of these and a 700p in my very near future!
    I did not know the 700p could support 8GB SD cards. That might motivate me to upgrade from my 650. I will need to read the specs on the 700p more carefully.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Thanks!

There might be one of these and a 700p in my very near future!
    You're welcome Perry. Glad to hear you may finally be getting the 700p (just don't steal it from your avatar).
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    8 gbs! I'm still trying to convince myself to upgrade from a 1 gig to a 2 gig!
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I did not know the 700p could support 8GB SD cards. That might motivate me to upgrade from my 650. I will need to read the specs on the 700p more carefully.
    It can't. And there is no such thing as an 8GB SD card.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RawsonDR View Post
    It can't. And there is no such thing as an 8GB SD card.
    What is this card of there is no such thing? Will there be a 8GB SD card that works on a 700P?

http://cgi.ebay.com/150X-8GB-OEM-SAM...QQcmdZViewItem
    There are 8GB SDHC cards. These won't work in any Treo since your hardware has to support it. As far as I know I haven't seen any press release from Palm saying that their products support SDHC. This is not something you can add support for with firmware or ROM updates, unless the hardware had support for it in the first place.