1.    #1  
    I know if you use sprint and a calling card to dial a number, the eventual number you were connected with shows up on the call log. Is there any way around this? Can a VOIP call (like skype, etc) do it...or a third party service that forwards the call?

ie. when I view the account, is there any way my kids have of calling a number that I wont know about on the detailed bill?
    When you review the account on what, your monthly statement or on the call log on the Treo itself? Its easy to erase individual calls on the Treo call log, but they will still show up on the monthly statement...
  3.    #3  
    Can they make an internet call of some sort (I'm not as literate in this sort of thing as they are).

From reading here, Skype doesnt work on a 700p, but I didn't know if there were other internet calling systems that wouldnt be found unless one knew where to look.

My other concern would be some sort of security based site that would forward calls, so only a nondiscript number would show.

I know enough to look for texting and hidden email accounts, but didn't know if talking were possible that way.
    [on Sprint] Call your voicemail, then select make a call (option 8 maybe) and place the call that way.
    If you setup jajah, it will call you and that number and connect the two numbers. So on your call record, you only receive calls from the jajah number.
  6.    #6  
    I should still be able to see a call on the call logs (or bill, Sprint sure wont place the call for free) thru the voice mail option, no? Same with Jajah, doesn't it just connect the calls so I could still keep track?
    on verizon, voicemail calls are billed as a call. so if you make a call through the voicemail, would it not be an extension of the original call?
    Quote Originally Posted by macsteroni View Post
    on verizon, voicemail calls are billed as a call. so if you make a call through the voicemail, would it not be an extension of the original call?
    Probably, but the point in this case is that the number eventually dialed won't show up on the bill.
  9.    #9  
    I tried it, and you're right about not showing up in call log, but are you saying it wont show up on the bill either? Or just as a really long call to voice mail? I guess I have to wait for a bill to see.

I'm sure there is an easy way for sprint to access this (ie for the police), but they may not just give it to a parent...even if he pays the bills.
    I am curious why you are wanting to know this information... The statement "but they may not just give it to a parent...even if he pays the bills." threw me for a loop in regards to the direction I thought you were going.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintsucker View Post
    I tried it, and you're right about not showing up in call log, but are you saying it wont show up on the bill either? Or just as a really long call to voice mail? I guess I have to wait for a bill to see.

I'm sure there is an easy way for sprint to access this (ie for the police), but they may not just give it to a parent...even if he pays the bills.
    Jesus. If you have to worry about the police, you are better off doing it on a prepaid phone and prepaid card.
  12.    #12  
    I worry about kids, the wrong crowd, and drugs. Sorry if I seem so technically inept, but I was one of those guys with the blinking VCR time light at 12:00.

I know trust and communication are where you start, but face it, kids often think they know whats best for themselves.

I do the other stuff recommended in your averarge "parent magazine" article, and I'm not even sure I'd know what the info meant if I got it. I just want to know if there is stuff going on I need to know about.

Its not like I drug test them, and I haven't even thought about things like My Space. This was just a simple question about is there any way to hide the calls from me?
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    I worry about kids, the wrong crowd, and drugs. Sorry if I seem so technically inept, but I was one of those guys with the blinking VCR time light at 12:00.

I know trust and communication are where you start, but face it, kids often think they know whats best for themselves.

I do the other stuff recommended in your averarge "parent magazine" article, and I'm not even sure I'd know what the info meant if I got it. I just want to know if there is stuff going on I need to know about.

Its not like I drug test them, and I haven't even thought about things like My Space. This was just a simple question about is there any way to hide the calls from me?
    I would definitely be more worried about MySpace than hidden calls on your phone. How old are the kids we're talking about? If they're living under your roof, you have a right to monitor their Internet use. There's a lot more potential for danger on the 'net than on the phone.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    This is one of those postings that wreaks of "More to the story than meets the eye".
    ^and your avatar sure fits that statement. LOL.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    My first impression is that he was trying to hide HIS calls, and wanted to know how. Or maybe he is trying to look at his spouse's calls? Those two scenarios seem most likely, especially since he doesn't care about other more likely ways his kids could be in danger.

Hire HP to pretext for you ;->
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  17.    #17  
    Thanks anyway.

...I asked here cause its a phone forum. Internet questions seem best asked on an internet forum, parenting questions on a parenting forum, etc. People get yelled at (from the short time I've read) if they post in the wrong spot on this forum.

...(sacrasm pending...) Oh yes, I thought I would just stop with phones and not worry about all that other stuff, thank the Lord you enlightened me.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by sprintsucker; 11/22/2006 at 03:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    My first impression is that he was trying to hide HIS calls, and wanted to know how.
    Thats exactly what I thought... Then the statement about the "parent" came in and I got lost. So you ARE the concerned parent... ahhhhh I thought you were the cheating spouse or the drug selling teenager... Wow.. Never would have guessed that one. Explains a lot. I was just curious...
    ...(sacrasm pending...) Oh yes, I thought I would just stop with phones and not worry about all that other stuff, thank the Lord you enlightened me.
    Now that was funny If you are on sprint you might want to check out this software..

http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.do?id=11280

http://www.sprint.com/familylocator

Just thought I would throw that in.