Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    PalmBear congrats on your resume and 10th post!!!
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBear View Post
    Oh, good grief. I shouldn't even waste my time responding to that tripe, but what the..

"You don't know business". BZZZT. Wrong answer. Thanks for trying. I've been in business 30+ years and very successful. You?
    You shouldn't have wasted your time. You could've been doing burger flipping "business" for 30+ years and after that long, I'd imagine you could whip up a damn good burger. Congratulations. You know everything business.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by stl08 View Post
    You shouldn't have wasted your time. You could've been doing burger flipping "business" for 30+ years and after that long, I'd imagine you could whip up a damn good burger. Congratulations. You know everything business.
    What is it with you people?

I make one observation about the fact that Palm/Cingular is going to miss a big chunk of a KEY retail season (Christmas shopping that people do), which - incidentally - is about 40% of their revenues for a year (and hence, a very, VERY dumb thing to do if they indeed do miss it), and I get pounced on. One guy starts whipping out the personal attacks, so I respond with a bit of hard fact, and then another ***** jumps into the fray with snippy, childish comments.

Here I thought this was a board to discuss what's happening/NOT (more like it) happening with Treos, Palm, etc. But some of you come across as children.

Let's drop the personal attacks and get back to talking Treo, OK? If you don't agree with my "they'll miss Christmas" (which if you'd bothered to read the post would have easily found out I meant a KEY BUNCH OF TIME **BEFORE** CHRISTMAS WHEN ALL THE 'BIG PURCHASE' SHOPPING IS GENERALLY DONE BY PEOPLE), then so be it. But - really. Learn to express a counterpoint without the childish namecalling. It wastes EVERYONE'S time and does nothing but clutter the board.

Cheers..

- PB
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Its not the message, its the message behind the message. So if Palm starts selling this on Friday, that is a big loss?? I don't think so.
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    Its not the message, its the message behind the message. So if Palm starts selling this on Friday, that is a big loss?? I don't think so.
    I agree. IF they come out with it Friday, they'll be OK.

BUT..do you guys REALLY think they will? I don't.

All we have is a whole bunch of rumor at this point. Seems like Palm in general is HORRIBLE at getting product actually SHIPPED, and that was my point in a nutshell.

(Incidentally, I also think they've done a pretty bad job all in all differentiating between the different Treos and making a compelling case as to why to buy one vs. the other [eg: 680 v. 700], but that's a whole nother story. Net net - it seems like Palm is headed straight at the ground at a high rate of speed, and I wish they could "get it together" long enough to do real battle w/M$$).

- PB
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Let's drop the personal attacks and get back to talking Treo, OK? If you don't agree with my "they'll miss Christmas" (which if you'd bothered to read the post would have easily found out I meant a KEY BUNCH OF TIME **BEFORE** CHRISTMAS WHEN ALL THE 'BIG PURCHASE' SHOPPING IS GENERALLY DONE BY PEOPLE), then so be it. But - really. Learn to express a counterpoint without the childish namecalling. It wastes EVERYONE'S time and does nothing but clutter the board.
    Yes you're right, it was childish to personally attack without sharing my view.

I am with you on the fact that they'll miss Christmas. Palm is already going down the drain by missing the large Christmas sales. From the looks of it, the eagerly-awaited 750 probably won't be out until after Christmas/"Holidays".

Therefore, if you were intending to purchase the 750 as a gift for your loved one or yourself, now's the time for your backup plan so you'll have something under your Christmas--I mean Holiday tree.
    I totally disagree.....The 750 will be out in plenty of time for xmas.
    I hope they make the Christmas sales season with the 680. I think that's their money maker. If not, I think it's going to be a tough hill to climb and they might as well save some of that 25 million dollar ad budget (perhaps give some to me as recompense for the 9 Treo 600s I had to suffer through?!).

.. and thanks for toning down the insults. I'd rather talk and read Treo. It's getting pretty sad when people who've been on this board for all of 2 months start name calling like they own the place. Peace On Earth.. and at TreoCentral. Cumbaya. etc etc
    I agree. IF they come out with it Friday, they'll be OK.

BUT..do you guys REALLY think they will? I don't.

All we have is a whole bunch of rumor at this point. Seems like Palm in general is HORRIBLE at getting product actually SHIPPED, and that was my point in a nutshell.

...snip...

- PB
    There are live demo units now in selected cingular corporate stores. All expectation is for sales to start on Black Friday (the 24th)
    I think the 750 WILL be later than the 680. People who installed the ROM had problems. Cingular won't let the phone go out like that, they hate recalls.

But I'm going to count on the Nov. 24 rumors for the 680. First week of December should be the absolute latest. Because if they want to sell the 680 to the masses like they claim, they will need to release this phone SOON!!

What I still wonder, and no one has been able to answer, is why North America can't pre-order but Europe can. That makes no sense to me!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!!!........yup, HUGE loss for palm missing out on Christmas...All released on Black Friday, the busiest shopping day for the U.S.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    looks like palm made it in time for christmas, it was released today... surprised no one actually guessed the right release date
    So Palm got it right this time! Are we all happy now?
    Nothing to b#@%h about, right?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    no we'll now b1tch about when our phones will be delivered LOL
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    LOL @ Foo;
    Its a nice device. I like everything about it except what happens when you push the battery too hard.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    It resets the phone?

No, when you push the battery too hard, meaning with applications running, it drains faster. I am still in the conditioning phase with my review unit and so the jury is still out. But considering how I use it, it barely lasts the day. Not too many of you here use it much harder, however the target audience will use it a lot less harder and so it will be just fine for them.

Truth be told, its growing on me and I don't know if I will go back to my 650 when I give it back - I might go to the 750 though, tis something I am really pondering.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Any word on the 750 release???? I have been using the blackjack and the 3G network is amaaaaazing.
    i've had the 700w on the VZW network and it was nice...i'm currently using the t-mo MDA and it's ok. WM5 is a bit unstable at times and i just grew tired of having to slide the phone open to type. This new 680 will do the job for the time being. I just couldnt justify the 725 price of admission.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    I told you this thread was going to look real stupid..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast