1.    #1  
    I tried doing a quick search but didnt see anything that answered my question, if i missed it i apologize and please point me in the right direction.

I am looking to replace my current bluetooth headset. and i am looking for expert opinion. What is the best bluetooth headset out there today. just for interest of information i have a t650

thanks in advance
    Cardo Scala all the way!!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    BT headsets are a subjective experience. That is why you have found no answer to your question. For every person who has a favorite headset, there is another person that hates it.

See my post in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=128947
    Palm IIIx -> Sprint Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 600 -> Verizon Treo 700P -> Verizon Motorola Moto Q 9m
    Jabra JX10 -> Motorola HS-850 -> Aliph Jawbone

Arizona Criminal Attorney |
    Arizona DUI Attorney
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by russelb View Post
    BT headsets are a subjective experience. That is why you have found no answer to your question. For every person who has a favorite headset, there is another person that hates it.
    I think the subjective part would be comfort, and certain features, but two items should always be the same:
    1. How loud or well is the volume so you can hear the person calling you.
    2. How well can the person you are calling hear you.

When I had my treo 650 (Cingular) I went through Motorola, Palm Brand (3 of those and the worse of the bunch,) Jabra BT800, and found they all were either poor at 1 or 2. The best one that I ended up with was the Sony/Ericsson HBH-610/HBH-610a.

Now I'm on the search again because I have the Treo 680, and it seems that I have to re-pair the headset every day. My girlfriend has the Treo 700p (Verizon) and she is having similar problems with her older Motorola headset. So those two phones must have something similar with their Bluetooth implementation.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    I think the subjective part would be comfort, and certain features, but two items should always be the same:
    1. How loud or well is the volume so you can hear the person calling you.
    2. How well can the person you are calling hear you.
    Subjective is more than just features and fit. It is also the priority of what is important to you.

I had the Jabra JX-10. Most people think this headset is the end-all be-all of headsets. I did not think so. The outgoing sound quality on it was awful when there was background noise. Not one single review of this headset said anything about this. The noise cancellation implementation was so bad that the the headset was unusable in any environment where there was even a little bit of background noise. I did not just have a bad unit, either, because I returned the first one and the second one was the same. Outgoing sound quality is very important to me.

Read the reviews, but also try as many headset you can before you commit to buying one, or buy it from a place with an easy return policy, like Best Buy. The Best Buy near me had a whole bunch of BT headsets charged up and with the help of a knowledgable sales associate (a rarity at Best Buy) I was able to try a bunch before I settled on the Motorola HS850. It is not perfect, but it suits my needs the best.

The bottom line is that your experience with BT headsets will vary. What works for you, won't work for others. I know this from personal experience. Read how many negative reviews there are of the HS850 and how many positive reviews there are of the JX-10. I like the HS850 and did not like the JX-10 because my priorities are different than others.
    Palm IIIx -> Sprint Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 600 -> Verizon Treo 700P -> Verizon Motorola Moto Q 9m
    Jabra JX10 -> Motorola HS-850 -> Aliph Jawbone

Arizona Criminal Attorney |
    Arizona DUI Attorney
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by russelb View Post
    The outgoing sound quality on it was awful when there was background noise. Not one single review of this headset said anything about this.
    The bottom line is that your experience with BT headsets will vary. What works for you, won't work for others. I know this from personal experience. Read how many negative reviews there are of the HS850 and how many positive reviews there are of the JX-10. I like the HS850 and did not like the JX-10 because my priorities are different than others.
    I still stand to what I said before. The best headset will have good outgoing volume, and good incoming volume, everything else is subjective. In your case it didn't mean the Outgoing sound quality test.
    I also read some of the reviews about the JX-10. If you read carefully you'll see many people have said it's the best yet, they have either something really terrible to compare it to, or it's their first ever headset.
    I ignore all posts that compare headsets to the Treo headset because it has the worst outgoing volume I've ever experiences, and I ignore posts that compare headsets to the older Motorola, or older Jabra headsets because they also have very poor results. I've also owned Cardo, but wasn't thrilled with it.
    The best I have seen so far is the Sony HBH-610. I think people don't talk about it because you can't just buy it in a retail store, so people settle for whatever they can get and they set the standard for that;or shall I say "they lower their standards to what they can get in retail stores" I haven't read much on the HS850, but if there are any negative reviews on it having anything to do with Volume in, and Volume out, then it's not anything I would consider either. If it's negative because someone feels it's too heavy or too light then those are subjective features having nothing to do with sound quality, and I may consider it providing it's better the the Sony/Ericsson HBH-610a.

Regards.
    M
  7.    #7  
    thanks all for the comments, im looking at the plantronics. any of you have any opinion on those. I do know it is personal, but i appreciate all opinion and comments on this
    Justin Letheby
    Keller Williams Fox Valley Realty
    www.homesaleeducator.com