1.    #1  
    I was reading a TomTom review on PCworld, and it mentions you can't make calls while you're navigating. Is that still the case?
    That is still the case. Since the OS can't multitask, if a call comes in and you accept it, it automatcially exits the tomtom application. Same applies for dialing, you need to leave tomtom, go to the phone app and dial.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    That is still the case. Since the OS can't multitask, if a call comes in and you accept it, it automatcially exits the tomtom application. Same applies for dialing, you need to leave tomtom, go to the phone app and dial.
    Interesting. This is what the Tomtom 6 writeup on Semons says:
    "Easy call handling: On-screen instructions remain visible while making phonecalls or receiving SMS messages"
    Don't have 6 yet so can't say for sure. It may be there is a difference between the Palm OS and the WM application.
    It must be difference between Palm and WM. You can see text messages pop up as well, but if you hit reply, it exits Tomtom to go to the text messaging app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Doody View Post
    I was reading a TomTom review on PCworld, and it mentions you can't make calls while you're navigating. Is that still the case?
    Are you sure that's really true? You can make calls while navigating with the Garmin GPS 10, and the TomTom setup is fairly similar.

Yes Palm is not a truly multitasking OS, but I can navigate and play mp3s in the background while working in another app ... go figure.