Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just placed an order for a 680 and Palm is quoting immediate delivery.
    Delete thread. Ban user.
    Quote Originally Posted by donlyle View Post
    I dont see that on Palms site, was it really there? Perhaps it was and they took it down?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    You must've had a bad dream.. go back to sleep.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack View Post

I dont see that on Palms site, was it really there? Perhaps it was and they took it down?
    Take a look at: http://store.palm.com/product/index....ductId=2526446
    WOW! That link does work for me but $349 for a cingular version???
    I was hoping for about that for a unlocked GSM version.

I got a 700p with Sprint and have about 3.5 weeks left before my 30 days runs out. I'll keep it if they are gonna be more than $349 for the unlocked version. I'd rather have the 3G and it only cost me $329 but I'd hate to pay the $200 ETF to t-Mobile. Hmmm what to do, what to do.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTenTodd View Post
    WOW! That link does work for me but $349 for a cingular version???
    I was hoping for about that for a unlocked GSM version.

I got a 700p with Sprint and have about 3.5 weeks left before my 30 days runs out. I'll keep it if they are gonna be more than $349 for the unlocked version. I'd rather have the 3G and it only cost me $329 but I'd hate to pay the $200 ETF to t-Mobile. Hmmm what to do, what to do.
    Well, it doesn't mention a contract, so that seems to be the locked, but no commitment, price. If so, that's cheaper than the leaked internal PowerPoint had suggested. The price with a 2-year contract was supposed to be around $199.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    the store link is a scam ... it is not even the right url for palm store
    also, if you click to order, it does not even tell you the color -- and we all know that palm is offering choices
    if you go to link and click on smartphones, it lists 700p for verizon (no image of course) and lists at $699

if you go to the real palm site, it is $619 without having to change your plan.

i hope no one orders from this link ... obviously fake
    I just called the 800 number. The rep put me on hold and then came back and said that it was NOT available. They are "trying to update their website to give 'us guys' more information". Huh? Anyway, that is what he said. Is availablility imminent? Maybe they are tinkering with website for live sales tomorrow? Who knows (sigh)...least of all them?
    Hrmm, while I do think this is a hoax, I can't see why someone would completely disbelieve it immediately. The Treo 680 has been up on Palm's UK store since Saturday, although only available for Pre-Order. No colour (a.k.a color) options interestingly. See:

http://eurostore.palm.com/is-bin/INT...ited%20Kingdom

Priced at 329.
    It's not available under the options on the US Treo store.

http://web.palm.com/products/smartph...DSFFAKAUZEMIV0

But the 680 does come up in a bump, when you go to the Treo store on it's home page.

http://web.palm.com/

Where is the path to that link the OP posted? I can't find it anywhere. Is this a browser trick to make the URL APPEAR as though it's from the Palm store? If the 680 were for sale, the path to the link would be available, as well as the link itself. And if it's a hidden link, how did the OP find it?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Wow, $620 for a 680 in the UK? Why so much?
  14.    #14  
    I found it via a Google search for Treo 680. I'm on hold with Palm now to verify the order or to determine it's a phishing site.
  15.    #15  
    Palm doesn't have the order...I've been Phished!!!

Eagerness will get you everytime!!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    No way! Which Palm number did you call? Maybe the order didn't process yet.

eurostore.palm.com is legit, It's not a phishing site.
    This is why I asked for the path to the link. If you gave them CC info, call your CC provider IMMEDIATELY!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Be careful out there. I was trolling for information about the 680 yesterday. I found the link to the supposed palm store on froogle. I went to the site and it looked legit. Then I got a couple of Norton Antivirus warnings about blocking a worm. So it looks like a scam.
    IMO, it's often safer to enter any store through the site's front door. Just go through the links to the store. It may be a hassle, but at least you know you're in a LEGIT store!

On palmstore Switzerland site, pre-order price is CHF699, the same as the price posted last month on phone site. It's about 560USD.

On UK site it is 329 UKP equal to 629 USD.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast