Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    Well, it's official. The 680 isn't released yet. I received an email from Palm containing the following:
    We received your order 8601463072-000, which included advanced sale items that are unavailable for immediate shipment. Once the product is available for processing, you will receive a new order confirmation email. The following item(s) will be shipped when it is in stock.

Item: 1049NA-CN
    Description: PALM Treo 680 Cingular, GSM
    Quantity: 1 @ $ 349.00
    Shipping Method: Overnight

I presume they'll back out the charge they made to my credit card.
    Don
    Why can you pre-order in Europe, but not here?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    my local cingular rep says that all this about cingular offering one color is bull**** b/c the store model he was given (but isnt yet on display) is orange???
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpizzaj View Post
    my local cingular rep says that all this about cingular offering one color is bull**** b/c the store model he was given (but isnt yet on display) is orange???
    I saw a stack of them at my local cingular store, all were charcoal color. The ones the manager and a couple of the sales staff had were also all charcoal. We will know for sure on Friday.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Well that stinks. I successfully placed an order last night with lots of the others out there. I just received an email and an actual phone call from Palm letting me know that my order was canceled and that the item was unavailable at this time.
    Oh well, they did go above and beyond to let me know at least.
    I got the same phone call from palm, but I did get some good news out of it. He promised me the phone as soon as it is released, but he said the price on the website was wrong and the phone will be more expensive, but he would guarantee me the price I paid...He told me he would call me the moment it is released...When I asked he just told me the release will be VERY SOON....So atleast I will have the low price I guess only 11 people were able to place an order, well thats what he told me anyways

Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio View Post
    I saw a stack of them at my local cingular store, all were charcoal color. The ones the manager and a couple of the sales staff had were also all charcoal. We will know for sure on Friday.
    Listen up.....

Cingular is only getting Gun Metal (charcoal)

The colored models are sold unlocked.
    Yeah... I believe that too. Cingy rep confirmed that also. Stores are afraid of not moving the colors. I'm kinda over the color options at this point. Just release the dang thing.
    People like choices, I do not know why Cingular of all companies will worry about colors. I think the colors would move faster than the standard color. If Palm were releasing all 4 colors locked at Cingular, I bet you that only the colors would be the ones moving.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    What's this about Black Friday (24th) release?
    That's when they'll be available (confirmed at my local CNG store this morning, along with others who have been told the same thing). They're also having a 2 for 1 special on any phone/PDA, including the 680 starting on friday (both phones need a contract however).
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Glad - it is supposedly being released on Friday. I'll let everyone scoop one up. I'll wait for the unlocked from Palm. This just means were that much closer to the unlocked version.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
  13.    #73  
    I finally got a call from Palm after having received several contradictory emails--one said that the order would be automatically converted to a legal order as soon as the phone went available; the next said that the order was invalid and had been cancelled. That message advised me to go onto the website and place another order if I still wanted the phone. I did this and called customer service to try to restore my place in line. No joy--it's hard to deal with those first level people.

I received a call this afternoon from a level two support type who apologized for the screwup. He asked if I had reordered. When I told him that I had he asked for the order number and said that they'd honor the $349 price that I had originally ordered the phone under and that they would expedite shipment. He couldn't tell me exactly when shipment would occur, but said that I'd be high priority.

I appreciated the followup by Palm. I hope this will be the last word in this saga.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234