Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Maybe it's not a phishing site... you make your own decision...

Ordered 2 and got the confirmation emails from Palm on receipt of order and currently awaiting inventory. Called customer service and they confirmed Palm is accepting pre-orders, but couldn't say when inventory is going to arrive.
    This quote is taken from a similar thread on another site:
    http://forum.treonauts.com/treo-mode...heck-link.html

Again, make up your own mind. Me, I'll dream well tonight...(and probably be dissappointed again...)
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    how is a palm.com fake? store.palm.com can be gotten from on the MAIN site by clicking stores at the top, then the left link (the palm store). The site is legit... but considering that specific page cannot be linked to, it's probably being built for use later this week or something like that.
    Treo 600 --> Dell Axim x51v --> Copper 680
    I ordered 2 and got a confirmation e-mail.

Doug
    Look at these two nearly identical URL's, the first one takes you to a store/handheld page which you can find the link to on Palms home page.

Now take that 1st link and replace the "home" with "product" and you get the Treo 680 order page.

http://store.palm.com/home/index.jsp?productId=2526446

http://store.palm.com/product/index....ductId=2526446
    When I went to the order page for the 680 I added 1 to my cart and the total came to 349.00. So i closed all browers and went to Palm.com on a different browser (netscape). Then I went to the palm store main page
    (http://store.palm.com/home/index.jsp) and it says i have i item in my cart total 349.00. When I clicked my cart it says I have a 680 in my cart:

Your Shopping Cart
    Shop With Confidence Easy Returns | Secure Shopping Guarantee | Privacy Policy

Have questions? Our Customer Service and Sales representatives can help get them answered. Just call 1-800-881-7256, 24 hours a day.

Item Description Estimated
    Ship Date Qty. Unit Price Total
    Palm® Treo™ 680 Cingular, GSM
    1 - 2
    bus. days
    Remove $349.00 $349.00
    To change quantities or remove items from your cart, click:

Accessories
    Warranties by model
    Factory Outlet

MERCHANDISE SUBTOTAL $349.00
    Estimated Shipping and Handling (Details)
    Based on ground shipping within the continental U.S. $9.29
    Sales Tax
    Applicable sales tax will be added to
    orders shipped to CA, GA, KY, MA and PA $0.00
    ESTIMATED GRAND TOTAL $358.29
    I went at placed an order on that link. I then opened the palm store on another tab and ordered a handheld from that site. When I went to the shopping cart, the 680 and the Palm TX that I ordered was there. So I am almost certain the page is legit. My big question is if I order from Palm how do I get it unlocked? I purchased a Treo 650 from Cingular two years ago and had to threaten to send it back before the 30 day trial period to get them to unlock it. Wonder if I can do that with this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheltowee View Post
    I went at placed an order on that link. I then opened the palm store on another tab and ordered a handheld from that site. When I went to the shopping cart, the 680 and the Palm TX that I ordered was there. So I am almost certain the page is legit. My big question is if I order from Palm how do I get it unlocked? I purchased a Treo 650 from Cingular two years ago and had to threaten to send it back before the 30 day trial period to get them to unlock it. Wonder if I can do that with this one.
    Big question is what color will they send it to you?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  8.    #28  
    I received a confirming email this afternoon with a Palm order number. I got onto Palm's website and verified that the order is in the system. The status shows "Submitted and processing."
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    how do we select the color we want though ?
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Big question is what color will they send it to you?
    The colors are for the unlocked version.
    This is locked to cingular with graphite casing.
    Apparently the color models aren't available yet.
    I have a question in terms of the Treo 680 arriving in Canada. If you go to the Canadian Palm website there is not even the slightest word about the Treo 680; only the T650 and 700wx. Now when I click the link provided in this thread I get to the newly created page of where the new price is listed as $349 and if I click on where the American flag on the page and change it to Canadian it brings me to the Canadian & American site (what the f*ck), click on the smartphones button and it contains the advertisement of the T680.

If you look below, it only advertises the American carriers (Sprint, Cingular, and Verizon) and not a word about Rogers.

Maybe this is just to tease us Canadians, I don't know but it sure is annoying.

Could it just be an error on behalf of the web developer. If so they should be fired too along with the moron who forgot to add the microphone in the phone (if thats actually true).

Tic toc...another annoying day waiting for a product that should have been released weeks ago. Grrrrr

Caally.
    Thats my sense FWIW.
    Is it out now?
    How about now?

jk
    bump...

16.    #36  
    I suspect you can have any color you want as long as it's the one that is used by Cingular. There's no indication that color choices are available via Cingular.
    Don
    I hope this is legit. If not, it may go down as one of the biggest scams in Internet history.

A couple of questions....

Why doesn't Palm give more details on the 680? It's not like the specs aren't available?

Why no picture? Palm has pictures of the 680 on thier home page.

Lastly, go to the UK palm site. It has the 680 for 329 pounds (if my memory hasn't faded) with all the specs and pictures of the device. If the UK has all the bells and whistles with their 680 listing, why doesn't the US site?

The "Too good to be true" alarms are sounding in my mind. One more observation, and it may be coincidental, but the last two times I visited the "link" my Norton alerted me on an attempt to access my computer from an outside source.

I hope come morning everyone can confirm thier orders with Palm and the worst never came true.

Good luck everyone. Me... I'll wait til one hits my Cingular store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caally View Post
    I have a question in terms of the Treo 680 arriving in Canada. If you go to the Canadian Palm website there is not even the slightest word about the Treo 680; only the T650 and 700wx. Now when I click the link provided in this thread I get to the newly created page of where the new price is listed as $349 and if I click on where the American flag on the page and change it to Canadian it brings me to the Canadian & American site (what the f*ck), click on the smartphones button and it contains the advertisement of the T680.

If you look below, it only advertises the American carriers (Sprint, Cingular, and Verizon) and not a word about Rogers.

Maybe this is just to tease us Canadians, I don't know but it sure is annoying.

Could it just be an error on behalf of the web developer. If so they should be fired too along with the moron who forgot to add the microphone in the phone (if thats actually true).

Tic toc...another annoying day waiting for a product that should have been released weeks ago. Grrrrr

Caally.
    Experience with previous Treo models would suggest that the phone will be available on the Canadian Palm site several weeks after it shows up on the US site.

Happily, the colours will be available to Canadians, to wit (c.f. Palm's Treo 680 details page):
    Arctic, Copper, and Crimson available in the Palm US web store, Palm US retail stores and Palm Canada web store only.
    I suppose distribution costs makes it not cost effective to offer the colours outside of North America.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    Experience with previous Treo models would suggest that the phone will be available on the Canadian Palm site several weeks after it shows up on the US site.

Happily, the colours will be available to Canadians, to wit (c.f. Palm's Treo 680 details page):
    I suppose distribution costs makes it not cost effective to offer the colours outside of North America.
    Thats what I was afraid of. Oh well time will tell. Still got dibbs on the first red 680 at Rogers in Toronto.

Thx Patrick
    Quote Originally Posted by Caally View Post
    Thats what I was afraid of. Oh well time will tell. Still got dibbs on the first red 680 at Rogers in Toronto.

Thx Patrick
    Listen, Caally, the first red one goes to me. Got it?

Anyhow, you ain't gonna get a red one from Rogers. As the quote above explains, the non-graphite models will only be available from Palm's web site. These will be unbranded, unlocked models and you ain't gonna get no HUP discount for them, that's for sure.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast