1.    #1  
    Hey GoodGuy,

I was wondering if you guys were working on a version of Good that works just a little better with the Samsung Blackjack than 4.8?

I'm using 4.8 on mine and have had no problems but just have a couple issues I'd like to see resolved. Seems like Good doesn't recognize the full QWERTY keyboard like 4.9 did on the Nokia E62.

The largest font size is still pretty small and the small size is really small! Again, I think cause it's a Microsoft smartphone, Good pushes 4.8 instead of 4.9?

Would 4.9 work better? Should I have my exchange hosting company push 4.9 to me?

Thanks for your help!
    Brandon
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    im pushing out 4.9.2 to all my goodlink users

ave your it folks push out the newest software
    From what I understand, we will be supporting the Blackjack.
  4.    #4  
    I would think so. The Blackjack box says it supports Goodlink

FYI... I had 4.9.2.30 pushed to it and it works MUCH better. There's even a thumb wheel option that was added to the Good Preferences menu. The text options are larger (more readable) and it works better with the keyboard too!

I'm in Goodlink heaven!
    Brandon
    Glad to hear it. That is the version, if I am not mistaken, that supports the Blackjack.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    yeah it works good..old version worked good on the BJ as well

this version is really nice on the treo 700w, as the search function now works, thank god
    Using 4.7 now and having a really hard time.
    It's not recognizing the keypad.

How can a new version be pushed out?
    man, talk about timing. Today one of our employees comes to me and asks about getting Good on his device. He tells me it supported by Good and he's already signed up for the Good data Plan through Cingular. Then I ask which device he had and he said Blackjack, I was like wtf? I didn't see it on good.com and until I found this thread I had no idea if could activate this guy. I'm running 4.9.1.43 with server and console but I have no idea what client to push out. Is there a newer version of GMM that I missed?
    Update to 4.9.2. Good Admins, you need to push 4.9.2 out to your Blackjack users.
    On the Blackjack, is there a way to customize the Home screen launcher to remove a few of the Good icons and add in links to IE or other apps?

I'd really like to rip out the good launcher, compose, and contacts icons and stick others in their place.

Miles
    I continue to be dogged by low memory on my 700W with GL (2.13mb program memory available as we speak) with only GL installed and no photos or other programs installed.

What kind of memory is available after installing GL on a blackjack?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    you should not be having memory issues on the 700w with only goodlnk installed

i would do a hard reset on the device and reinstall goodlink..make sure you get the newest version of goodlink pushed to your device...4.9.2.30
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lagestee View Post
    I continue to be dogged by low memory on my 700W with GL (2.13mb program memory available as we speak) with only GL installed and no photos or other programs installed.

What kind of memory is available after installing GL on a blackjack?
    I've been using the 700w and GL for almost a year now. I was somewhat annoyed with GL taking over the today screen and rendering the contact lookup worthless.

But in the end, I couldn't take it any longer. Simply put, the 700w and GL are not a good combo mainly d/t the lack of memory on the 700w. I experienced countless crashes on my 700w. With no 3rd party apps, after a soft rest, about 14MBs of RAM. After GL turns on, a little over 7MB. By the end of the day, lucky to have 2-3 MB free. I couldn't even turn on voice command as there is not sufficient memory. I had to constantly babysit the 700w by utilizing the task manager.

However, I switched over to the black Motorola Q a couple days ago and have been very satisfied. After GL loads, I still have over 21 MB of RAM available. I would expect the Blackjack to have similar results, as both have 64 MB of memory available and both are Smartphones. And GL doesn't hijack my homescreen as it did on the 700w.