Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Hi.

    I was just wondering if anyone had tried the Enfora Wifi Sled for the Treo 650 with the 700p.

    They have the same form factor and connector and the OS's on them are almost identical.

    Yes, I know it's not "supported", but neither are 4gb SD cards. And it's certainly possible to mess with drivers to work on devices that they are not approved for (if they're similar enough to what they are approved for).

    So, before someone gives me a canned answer of "Oh no. Look at the website, it says 650 but does not say 700p" i'd like to know if it's actually been attempted and if it worked or not and why it may not work.
  2. #2  
    Tried it. Doesn't work, likely because of a different USB port driver. Enfora Manager says that the USB port (to the sled via the multi-connector) can't be opened.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange


    Canuck PDA
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    Tried it. Doesn't work, likely because of a different USB port driver. Enfora Manager says that the USB port (to the sled via the multi-connector) can't be opened.

    :-(
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    Tried it. Doesn't work, likely because of a different USB port driver. Enfora Manager says that the USB port (to the sled via the multi-connector) can't be opened.
    Ug that's so awful. The fact that there isn't wifi on the 700p would be okay if there were some way of adding it with a third party card or sled or....something.

    GAW! I can't believe this. No driver hacks? God! We need a driver hack! PLEASE!
  5. Loolaw's Avatar
    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by drbuzzo View Post
    Ug that's so awful. The fact that there isn't wifi on the 700p would be okay if there were some way of adding it with a third party card or sled or....something.

    GAW! I can't believe this. No driver hacks? God! We need a driver hack! PLEASE!
    Oh, it's been done. I believe, in the end, it resulted in some fried Treos. Search in the 650 forum. Shadowmite worked long and hard on this issue.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyca View Post
    Oh, it's been done. I believe, in the end, it resulted in some fried Treos. Search in the 650 forum. Shadowmite worked long and hard on this issue.
    I've seen hacked drivers to get the 650 to do wifi with an SDIO card, but nuthin' for the 700p
  7. #7  
    I had emailed Enfora when I first got my 700P to ask if there will be a sled for the 700P. Their answer was a resounding NO. Nice, huh?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    I had emailed Enfora when I first got my 700P to ask if there will be a sled for the 700P. Their answer was a resounding NO. Nice, huh?
    Wifi is becoming less a feature and more of a critical necessity. I'd rather not see the platform die, because I really don't like windows mobile at all and I'm only luke warm on symbian.

    If it's a software issue, then the drivers will need to be written/hacked. I'll have to put on a pot of coffee and fire up the decompilers, pick up a few books on programing for palmos.

    If the damn thing won't fit the 700p's (very slightly) different formfactor...well I'm not above using a dremil. (Not on the treo..but on the sled).
  9. #9  
    Physically it fits fine if you take off the battery cover.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange


    Canuck PDA

Posting Permissions