1.    #1  
    I'm using Verizon Wireless Sync. Even though the 700p is set to "push" (as opposed to syncing every "X" minutes or hours), it doesn't seem to push at all. Can anyone give me an idea of why this is happening, and what I should do to fix it?

Thanks...from a frustrated newbie!!
    Check out Chatter. Get yourself an IMAP account (Everyone.net, fastmail.fm, others) and forward your pop accounts to it. I've had a Verizon 600, now a 650, and a 700p on the way and have never even thought of using Wireless Sync.
    exactly what PabloTX said. wirelesssync is, now and probably will be for a long time, a work in progress. save yourself the headache and get chatter =)
    VZW 700p, which could quite possibly be thrown out the window if it doesn't stop being a pain in the booty.
  4.    #4  
    The problem is that programs like Chatter don't sync my calendar and "sent" mailbox in real-time. In my profession, that's important.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Chatter will sync your sent mailbox if it is set up correctly. You can also try xChgSync to sync your Exchange calendar.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gdbjr View Post
    You can also try xChgSync to sync your Exchange calendar.
    I'm not running Exchange. I'm using Wireless Sync on a stand-alone desktop running Outlook 2003.
    Just curious as to why you need both synced in real time if you can't be in two places at the same time?

Is there a downside to getting back to your pc, dropping the Treo in the cradle and having synced data in 30 seconds?
  8.    #8  
    The downside is that if I once forget to do that, it could cause me serious grief the next day.

I may end up going that route...I'm hoping that I'll be able to live with the mediocrity of Verizon Wireless Sync. Otherwise, I'll get Chatter and move on.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    All of your mail folders are sync'd in real time with chatter. If you need to modify your calendar, you do so on the treo when you're traveling. When you get back to the office you sync and voila everything is updated. The only downside to this strategy is forgetting to sync at the beginning of the first day back in the office.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
  10.    #10  
    Tell me more, please.

For example, if I send an e-mail from my Treo, does it update my Outlook "sent" folder in real time, or does that happen when I do a hot-sync?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    For your calendar and other typical Palm hotsync items, can you not do this using the Palm Hotsync set up for Lansync Pref? This is doable on the Treo 650.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyca View Post
    For your calendar and other typical Palm hotsync items, can you not do this using the Palm Hotsync set up for Lansync Pref? This is doable on the Treo 650.
    I'm a newbie here...and I'm not sure what you mean. Can you explain?
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    You do have to have an always on computer at home to make this work so I don't know if that fits your situation. Here is a link to a message with the instructions on how to set this up: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...42&postcount=2

The rest of the messages in the thread should prove helpfuls as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX View Post
    Just curious as to why you need both synced in real time if you can't be in two places at the same time?
    Some people work in environment where others have access to schedules which can change with some frequency - happens in the medical professional all the time - these people would benefit greatly by remote syncing...
    Right...but that's usually with shared calendars and such. As he said he was on a standalone desktop using a redirector, I figured it wasn't really an issue.

Good point, though.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottTreo700p View Post
    Tell me more, please.

For example, if I send an e-mail from my Treo, does it update my Outlook "sent" folder in real time, or does that happen when I do a hot-sync?

Thanks!
    So long as Outlook is getting mail from an IMAP capable mail server the answer is yes. As you are operating in a desktop environment, I'm not sure if your corporate email server is Exchange or IMAP based (which would mean your company outsources it's email hosting). If you are Exchange hosted and your IT department will open the IMAP port in Exchange, Chatter will sync perfectly with any folder that you connect to ONLINE - this could be your INBOX, SENT mail and/or any sub-folder. Regarding loading your sent mails to Outlook, Chatter will upload a copy of each SENT mail to your server's SENT mail folder. All you need to do is identify the SENT mail folder when you check off this function in Chatter.

If you go to www.chatteremail.com and download the operating manual, the developer will give you detailed instructions how to set up Chatter on your Treo. The key is to find out the configuration of your corporate email server.

Good luck.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ