1.    #1  
    I've been trying to set-up Hotsync over BT. My laptop recognizes my 700p and vice versa. However when I try to set-up a BT serial poert in association with my 700p, my laptop errors that my device does not support BT Serial profile; only OBEX Push, Audio Gateway and BT-DUN. What gives?!?!?!?!
    There is a properties area on my Bluetooth setup where these options are enabled. Have you checked for this? Ben
    When you establish a serial bluetooth connection, it will be from Treo to PC, not vice versa. In other words, you shouldn't be on your PC trying to 'discover' the Treo and go through all that process. You need to follow the process for creating a bluetooth serial connection (serving type - there might all ready be one created) on the PC, then connect to it from the Treo. This is how it works with the Toshiba bluetooth stack - hopefully it's similar with Widcomm or whatever you have.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    My Palm is a Treo 650 unlocked GSM, and my PC has a Toshiba stack.

I have configured my virtual port on my PC (tried both Server and Client), and complied with Personalizations and Settings on the Hotsync Manager on the PC (Local, and Port identification).

On my Palm I have found and registered the Connetion to my PC.

I can very well send files from the PC to the Palm, and from the Palm to the PC.

If I try to synchronize, using the BT connection, the BT icon on my PC changes its internal colour as if exchanging data: but no synchronization happens and after a long while I am told that no connection was possible.

I have Soft resetted, Hard resetted (!) my Palm , uninstalled and reinstalled PalmDesktop (!).

Nothing works.

Any clue?

Giacopis
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I have PDAnet installed and I have to select "Allow Bluetooth (Com 17)" in order for it connect. (use the same com port that you use for Hotsync).

this causes the bluetooth hotsync to not work. I then unselect "Allow Bluetooth (Com 17)" in the PDAnet options & the bluetooth hotsync functions properly.

Not being to tech savy, i don't know how to say it other than...you can only have one or the other enabled, but not both at the same time.
    Try rebooting the phone. If that doesn't work reboot the computer.

If it still doesn't work try re-pairing the two...

If that doesn't work then tell us the results (and tell us what computer/OS you have).

Good lucK!
    Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garylapointe View Post
    Try rebooting the phone. If that doesn't work reboot the computer.

If it still doesn't work try re-pairing the two...

If that doesn't work then tell us the results (and tell us what computer/OS you have).

Good lucK!
    Gary

I have rebooted and re-paired.

I have no PDA-net installed.

Still no hotsync !
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I forgot to tell you my OS: it is Windows XP Home Edition
    you may have to erase the pairing in your Treo and uninstall the virtual port you created and start over. Thats what I did with this problem and it fixed it.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    If you don't have a bluetooth serial port configured, it won't work. It is possible your computer's bluetooth stack does not support serial over bluetooth. More than likely, though, you just haven't configured a bluetooth serial port on your PC.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I also just installed BT on my home laptop over last weekend. After many failed attempts I did get Hotsync working. My first issue was due to what I beleive was a bad BT 1.0 or 1.1 dongle using BlueSoleil software. I could pair the Treo-Laptop, but the dongle light would freeze / lock-up upon trying anything requiring communications.

I then replaced replaced the dongle with a Belkin BT 2.0 with Widcomm drivers and software. I was able to get all bluetooth related treo activitities working (with a few quirks and hiccups) after getting this newer dongle.

The key issue for me in getting BT Hotsync to work is checking ONLY the "Local" category in the hotsync system tray (after right click). If "Local USB" or "IR" were checked at the same time as "Local", the BT Hotsync would not work. I would get a "port in use" error. Not sure if this helps in your scenario.

At several points over the weekend, I had to un-pair and re-pair the Treo-Laptop connection. (most obviously when I added new BT services--I turned on "PIM File Transfer" which would not work at all until I re-paired the Treo-Laptop)

Another thing I've found is that temporarily turning off BT profiles which are not in use (DUN or PIM File Transfer) can sometimes help with Hotsync and vice versa. For example, I can only connect via BT DUN if I have the other BT manager profiles turned off (Hotsync Serial profile, PIM file transfer, Headset, etc). While this is not optimal, I can deal with it with my limited use of BT for DUN and Hotsync.

Let me know if any of these suggestions help.
    Last edited by greenawayj; 11/29/2006 at 01:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I thank you all.

My PC is right now under heavy system repair, due to a disastrous install/uninstall procedure of HP allin-one devices.

I will be back on my BT frenzy next week.

Why did they invent these machines?

Giacopis
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Thank you all again.

Now it works.

To get to it I:

a) on my PC, erased all Bluetooth ports, except for ports dedicated to System, Information Exchanger and HSP Manager;

b) on my PC, recreated one virtual Server serial port;

c) on my Treo, erased all Bluetooth connections;

d) re-paired the the Treo and the PC, creating a new connection o the Treo;

e) on my PC, reset all Preferences in Hotsync manager (local, new port).

Could not Palm Assistance suggest such a simple procedure before deciding i should Hardreset my Treo (with backup and restore nightmares) and a complete uninstall (with Windows registry meddling) and reinstall of PalmDesktop on my PC ? I am baffled.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I cant get this to work. Here is what I did..
    I plugged in the BT adaptor into my USB on my PC and let the windows drivers install. Then I went to my treo 755 and set up a new trusted device with the PC and it found the PC and I set up a passcode. Now the 2 see each other. HOWEVER, it never created a virtual serial port. How do I get this to work???

Thanks...
    You have to go into the windows driver. There should be an option to set up a virtual port.

Rt click on your BT icon in your systray. See what menus/options there are.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    there is something there but I cant add any ports even though there is a choice to add a port...
    That is depend on your PC
    The most popular Bluetooth Software--IVT BlueSoleil

http://www.bluesoleil.com/vista_download2.asp