1.    #1  
    Is anyone getting 100k consistently? I ask because I wonder if it is the Treo or if it is the Network. I am on tmobile, I have a fried on Cingular. We both live in the same city and we get 40k-55k. I am wondering why our speeds aren't higher.

Any help would be great?
    I got about 60K consistantly... kinda sucks. When I first got my phone I was gettn 150K downloads...

Guess we gotta get 3G
  3.    #3  
    What's the deal? Why does sprint and verizon have "great speed" all the time? Cingular and tmobile seem to be about the same. Slow. Where is the EDGE?
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    What's the deal? Why does sprint and verizon have "great speed" all the time? Cingular and tmobile seem to be about the same. Slow. Where is the EDGE?
    If you find out, I would SURELY like to know. My Treo has always been extremely slow on Cingular. I would purchase the 680 upgrade if it promises faster online speeds.
    I'm normally at 100-120.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I'm normally at 100-120.
    What network are you on and what is your CURRENT speed.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidio1 View Post
    If you find out, I would SURELY like to know. My Treo has always been extremely slow on Cingular. I would purchase the 680 upgrade if it promises faster online speeds.
    I plan on getting a 680 too. It is just..... Ican't figure out if the Networks lie and Edge isn't out everywhere or if it really is the Treo.......
    My CURRENT speed is 118.

My network is Cingular.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

9.    #9  
    You suck. i want 118
    On T-Mobile, I get between 80-165 but mostly 100+. If I recall correctly, GSM networks share the Data and Cell network while CDMA has dedicated networks for each...thus when cell phone activity is high on GSM, the data speeds decrease.
    I am going to http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed and using xiino. But everytime it says "if this page remains, then your browser does not fully suport javascript and we cannot test your speed accurately test your speed". I have scripts enabled. Is it possible to test speed with xiino? If so what I am doing incorrectly
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I almost always get over 120k. I am on Cingular in northern Georgia. Maybe I am the only one using data here.

I am getting over 160k today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Make April 15th just another day. Fairtax
    Not sure if xiino will work properly with mspeed. Does anyone know?

I'm only getting 105kbit right now.. Lower than usual. I usually get around 135.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I used to be a Cingular customer (5+ years) and recently switched to Sprint for their data speeds. I've been in an area that's offered EDGE for well over two years now and haven't got much more than 100kb consistently (usually it's around the 60-85 range).

I think Cingular has a higher latency than Sprint/Verizon, because I'm only getting about 130kb out of Sprint's Power Vision but the difference is like night and day. I'm a heavy web/email user, so the speed difference alone was incentive enough for me to switch.
  16.    #16  
    so r u saying that the delay of reciving the data is actually causing the slowdown? Hence the lower speeds.....
    I just got 160kbps twice in a row using Blazer on the dslreports 200K test. It has been a while since I last tested, but that's pretty good for me. I'm on Cingular in the San Jose area.

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I just got 115 kbit/sec on Cingular in Oregon.