Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    i just activated my unlimited data plan for verizon. does anyone know where the email app is on the 700p??
    have you installed your CD?

i personally don't like the email app that comes with the phone (wirelesssync) cuz it lags and it's buggy so i bought & installed chatter (www.chatteremail.com). so far, i really like it.
    VZW 700p, which could quite possibly be thrown out the window if it doesn't stop being a pain in the booty.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I seem to have lost the cd. I am currently testing the demo of snappermail. what is the different between snappermail and chatteremail. they both seem to have the same features.
    http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...d=43&Itemid=89

check that link out. it compares all the email programs out there. some people really dig snapper and i haven't tried it yet, but after checking out the chatter site, i was sold =)

hope that helps!
    VZW 700p, which could quite possibly be thrown out the window if it doesn't stop being a pain in the booty.
    I have licenses for both ChatterEmail and SnapperEmail 2X and use ChatterEmail exclusively. Be fair to yourself and try them both. If you need IMAP/PUSH, ChatterEmail is the one. Ben
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    You should be able to get the Verizon CD for the 700P here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=126780
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I have licenses for both ChatterEmail and SnapperEmail 2X and use ChatterEmail exclusively. Be fair to yourself and try them both. If you need IMAP/PUSH, ChatterEmail is the one. Ben
    The same story for me. I used Snapper for quite awhile, started using Chatter, and never looked back. I NEVER liked VersaMail, the Palm supplied "solution."
    My wife used Versamail on the 650 I gave her. I could not believe it when she came to me with a problem and I saw it was Versamail. Well, fixed the problem and installed ChatterEmail for her and she registered it. Now she is trying push and there is no telling where the saga will end.

The wife started immediately using ChatterEmail's summary view - I never did simply because I never tried. For the last two days I have been using the summary view and really enjoy it. Mark has an excellent program with bunches and bunches of options.

Ben
    Just to be a stick in the mud . . . . . . .

I have used VersaMail for 22 months now and it has served my needs very well, as I do not need the "push" option.

Only issues that I have had are:

1. I had to set the "outgoing" server on each of the 5 accounts (business & home) that I have loaded, to the Sprint outgoing server instead of that email address' actual outgoing server, to have outgoing work. (EMail still shows as having coming from the correct email address.)

2. Three times in 22 months -- the ability to erase emails off the server has been "lost" by one of the accounts set up on my Treo. An erase of the account off my Treo and a fresh re-creation solves that problem.

Otherwise, my use of VersaMail has been everything I need it to be. However, I have never invesitgated the others, so I may not know what I am missing.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Only issues that I have had are:

1. I had to set the "outgoing" server on each of the 5 accounts (business & home) that I have loaded, to the Sprint outgoing server instead of that email address' actual outgoing server, to have outgoing work. (EMail still shows as having coming from the correct email address.)

That isn't an issue with VersaMail. Sprint probably blocks people from using third party smtp so they have more control of spam prevention.

By the way, how is pushmail any better than setting up an additional address that forwards to your phone's text message email address so you get notified instantly on your phone using an already established standard that pretty much always works? Doesn't pushmail suck up battery life too?
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    i've been using snappermail for about 3 days now. i'm really liking it. i dont use the push email. i just use the regular pop3 email. but i am experiencing issues to smtp. my pop3 server is roadrunner, but have issues with verizon's network. i tried verizon smtp(smtp.vzwmail.net) and was working and now it stopped working. does anyone know why??
    Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    i've been using snappermail for about 3 days now. i'm really liking it. i dont use the push email. i just use the regular pop3 email. but i am experiencing issues to smtp. my pop3 server is roadrunner, but have issues with verizon's network. i tried verizon smtp(smtp.vzwmail.net) and was working and now it stopped working. does anyone know why??
    Hi Fondoo!

Probably not the answer, but with my 650 and VersaMail -- anytime an account on my Treo stops working correctly -- I delete it within VersaMail and then re-create it -- and everything returns to normal. This seems to clear whatever glitch has come into play.

Maybe this scenario might work on a stubborn Snappermail account.

Cheers, Perry