Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Tom Tom 6 is now listed on the webpage as available. No info so far on discount for upgrades, but at least it is finally there.

John
  2.    #2  
    Buy Now button hasn't been activated yet. Special Customer Support says e-mails will be sent out Monday or Tuesday giving a link to purchase for existing owners at an upgrade discount.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Is it just me or are any of you just a little bit sick of tomtom's crap delaying the release of this software? I like the tomtom software but I think they need to focus a little bit more on their north american customers than they have in the past. They need to offer map upgrades periodically as well as better customer support. I really wish there were a little bit more competition in the area of gps software for the treo to keep those guys on their toes. When tomtom 5 came out it was definitely the class leader but I'm not sure they're in the lead now.

Sorry about the rant...
    I have a copy of TomTom 6 that I purchased from TigerGPS earlier this week. You might want to check there.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ps40897 View Post
    Is it just me or are any of you just a little bit sick of tomtom's crap delaying the release of this software? I like the tomtom software but I think they need to focus a little bit more on their north american customers than they have in the past. They need to offer map upgrades periodically as well as better customer support. I really wish there were a little bit more competition in the area of gps software for the treo to keep those guys on their toes. When tomtom 5 came out it was definitely the class leader but I'm not sure they're in the lead now.

Sorry about the rant...
    How about the possibility that they have been working on the program?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimf View Post
    I have a copy of TomTom 6 that I purchased from TigerGPS earlier this week. You might want to check there.
    That's good to know. Thanks. I love TigerGPS. One of the best online retailers I've ever worked with, in terms of price and service.
    Semsons has a good deal on the software only package - for $129.99 after a $20 discount.

http://semsons.com/tona6somaofu1.html

The discount was available as of 11/19/2006.

The also have GREAT prices on different bundles (this was how I bought my original TomTom5 & GlobalSat setup - saved a good bit of money). For example, they have TomTom6 and the new GlobalSat BT-359W for $195.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhboyd View Post
    Buy Now button hasn't been activated yet. Special Customer Support says e-mails will be sent out Monday or Tuesday giving a link to purchase for existing owners at an upgrade discount.
    I wonder if the discounted price will be less than the $129.99 offered at Semsons?
    Is this new version supposed to cover Palm, Windows, and other Cell phone platforms? The order screen didn't provide the drop-down menu to select the platform, so it was unclear.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I wonder if the discounted price will be less than the $129.99 offered at Semsons?
    I was told possibly much lower, but don't want to post a price and then find they were wrong. I am willing to wait another couple of days to see.

John
    Any of you try this on the 680 yet??? Rumor mill is going about that Nav 6 won't work on them. Of course knowing the relationship Palm and TomTom have, I'm sure there will be a fix out shortly if it is true!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Any update on this? I presume from the date of your message, Mon/Tues was 11/20 or 21st.
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrooker View Post
    Semsons has a good deal on the software only package - for $129.99 after a $20 discount.

http://semsons.com/tona6somaofu1.html

The discount was available as of 11/19/2006.
    Have you received the software package yet?

John
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken View Post
    Any update on this? I presume from the date of your message, Mon/Tues was 11/20 or 21st.

Just talked to Customer Support again. Current schedule is for the My TomTom newsletter which comes out in December to include instructions for purchasing the upgrade. Price quoted for the software upgrade was $50. Since I have seen far too many programs released because marketing said it had to go now, no matter the bugs, I am willing to wait, assuming that they are still working on improvements to the early release to Palm. (How would you have liked to pay $300 to beta test the first version?)

John
    I would be willing to pay $50 for the upgrade considering how much I use TomTom5. Of course $50 seems like a bargain since I was thinking I'd need to pay $130 - $150. It's all relative I suppose.
    Have you received the software package yet?

John
    Yes - it came on Monday (11/27) but I haven't had a chance to install it yet.
    Just talked to Customer Support again. Current schedule is for the My TomTom newsletter which comes out in December to include instructions for purchasing the upgrade. Price quoted for the software upgrade was $50.
    Well I just recieved the TomTom News November newsletter a minute ago and there is no mention of Navigator6. Maybe the December newsletter comes out at the end of December - after the holidays??
    If you are installing it on your Treo 650 (and probably others) you will probably find this article helpful from TomTom's site:

http://www.tomtom.com/support/produc...age=4&FID=6428
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Anyone hear anything about the discounted upgrade price people were talking about earlier?

Mike
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by mad6c View Post
    Anyone hear anything about the discounted upgrade price people were talking about earlier?

Mike
    Still waiting for the December Newsletter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast