Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I have a plantronics bluetooth 510 which I love so much but how can I send an email or a picture using my bluetooth headset. Each time I try to send an email using my bluetooth, it doesn't work but I know its possible. Can someone please help me here. I have a T650 and use Cingular wireless. Thanks.
    Fred
    You don't send anything using your headset. You can send files using bluetooth, however.

You need a data plan to send email. Do you have one?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    You will need to learn to speak binary, which is pretty simple as its just 2 tones (for 0 and 1). Some people cannot produce the appropriate tones because smoking has damaged their vocal folds.

Once you master the two tones, you simply make the appropriate tone/beep noises into the phone for each 0 and 1 in the picture or email.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Yes i have a data plan but each time I want to send a file using bluetooth, the files will not go through but when I use versamail it will go through. I will like to send files sometimes using bluetooth. Thanks
    When you try to send using bluetooth, what happens? Does it find the other device? Give us some details.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

By the way, your phone has bluetooth. You do not need the headset at all. Just to make sure you understand.

Quote Originally Posted by alfred44 View Post
    I will like to send files sometimes using bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Does it find the other device?
    To send anything via Bluetooth there needs to be another Bluetooth device able to receive them (PC, another Treo, etc). Is this what you're trying to do? If so, as Tony asked, does your Treo find the other device? If you're getting an error message, what exactly does it say?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I sure didn't know that I have to send a file via Bluetooth to another device that has a Bluetooth enabled. Thank you for this piece of information
    Another question is must the other device be in close proximity or it doesn't matter the distance? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alfred44 View Post
    Amust the other device be in close proximity or it doesn't matter the distance?
    Bluetooth is a short range wireless protocol so, yes, the 2 devices need to be fairly close. The range on a Treo 650 is about 30 feet.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...