1.    #1  
    I've just recently gotten a 700p and I'm using Verizon's wireless sync feature. For the most part, I'm pretty happy with it. My biggest concern/complaint is that often when I send an e-mail from the Treo, or change a calendar entry, it can take an hour or more (today one took three hours) for the e-mail to appear in my Outlook "sent" box or the changed calendar entry to appear in my Outlook calendar.

I'm using the Verizon wireless sync with the PC Monitor software. I'm having it monitor Outlook directly. I'm not using an IMAP server, nor is it on Exchange. It's only on my single desktop.

Here are my questions:

1. I sometimes get e-mails from "SYNCLOGC@wsync.com" that contain what appears to be gibberish. I've done some research, and it appears that these e-mails are meaningless to me as the end-user and that I can delete them. Can anyone confirm this? Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me why I sometimes receive these e-mails, and other times I don't.

2. I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0. Do I need to do anything to configure the firewall to work with Verizon wireless sync? I'm guessing that I don't in that the Treo and Outlook seem to sync fairly well.

3. Is there anything I can do to speed-up the process of syncing my Treo and Outlook? I sent an e-mail tonight from the Treo that took over an hour to appear in my Outlook "sent" box. Sometimes calendar changes made either on the Treo or in Outlook take several hours to sync.

Thanks for your help.

Scott
    Hope you have better luck with wireless sync than I did. If you get fed up with it take a look at chatter for email.
  3.    #3  
    What were your complaints about Verizon Wireless Sync?
    I just switched over to Chatter from Wireless Sync because of similar problems you're having. Basically, my email would either A) get to the person i'm sending one to 15-20 mins later or even an hour or B) never get sent at all. there will be times where I'll get dumps of emails in one synch/push. So after reading up on the better email program out there, I switched to chatter and so far really dig it. =) it's on $40 and well worth it in my opinion.
    VZW 700p, which could quite possibly be thrown out the window if it doesn't stop being a pain in the booty.
  5.    #5  
    For me, the most important feature of Wireless Sync is to have my calendar and Outlook "sent" folder sync automatically. In my business, I need to have a clear record of e-mails sent, and my calendar is constantly changing. I don't want to have to worry about whether I remembered to do a hot-sync that morning, or in the evening. Wirless sync, at least in theory, is supposed to do all of that in more-or-less real time.

Wireless Sync is based on an Intellisync product. I've spoken with technicians at Intellisync, and they acknowledge that their product is less-than-perfect. Supposedly a new release is in the works, but they have no idea when it will be available to the public. Hopefully Verizon will utilize the new release if/when it becomes available.
    what's wrong with versamail? verizon's wireless sync and mail uses a lot of battery on my treo and causes freezes.