Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I was in my local Cingular store that serves as a Regional Management Office as well. I was talking to the Store Manager about a corporate account and mentioned all the discussion about the 680.

    They mentioned that there was a lot of inquiries on this phone and even offers to put down-payments on the phones. Kinda like pre-ordering. They said thier Regional Manager said thier District Marketing Rep said thier District VP said the 680 would be released and offered in the charcoal or black color.

    I was really excited at this news. I asked about the rumors about unplugged microphones and speakers causing a shipping delay and was told that the Regional Manager said that thier Warehouse Manager said thier PalmOne Supplier said that any phone they recieved would be functional and just as reliable as any other product Palm has shipped.

    I did ask if they had pinned down the date when the 680 would be in stores and was told that the UPS Divisional Manager told the Cingular Purchasing Manager who told the District Marketing Rep who told the Regional Manager who told the Store Manager that the units would be shipping during a week and arrive in stores.

    Man.... got a handle on this matter!
  2. #2  
    This is insane...I don't believe anything anymore. Copper, I am not referring to you its just that this is some f*cked up ****. There is always a new disappointing reply. I am not getting my hopes up anymore. Even if thats the case, Canada still will have to wait an additional couple of weeks.

    To be honest with you, this will be my first Treo and I am not too impressed so far.

    If Palm is trying to attract new customers, they are not doing at very good job. If fact, I think that the dash and the 8525 are already going to take away business that Palm should have got to begin with. Ok fine, technical difficulties....it happens but because they leaked sh*t so early its pushing the release date back further back when they should be competing with the dash and 8525. Not good! And if they wait till mid December well, Christmas $ will already be spent. I got my $500 tucked in my drawer so whatever comes out first between the BB 8800 or 680 I will be buying the first one. I want the Palm bad, would like a phone to match my shoes (red) .lol. Just overly disappointed.

    Let's see how many people will reply and say "Good go to BB, we don't want you anyways", my guess at least 2 or 3. Don't hate on me, because if it was out it would be in my pocket. I would take a Treo over BB anyday.

    Caally.
  3. SG2
    SG2 is offline
    SG2's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    #3  
    Wow, that's quite a he-said she-said! But, I put a deposit on one earlier in the week and the local store is scheduled to get them in the next few days or so.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SG2 View Post
    Wow, that's quite a he-said she-said! But, I put a deposit on one earlier in the week and the local store is scheduled to get them in the next few days or so.
    Thx for the info SG2. I have also thought of buying the 680 in the U.S but the duty on it will be insane. Its not fair! Moving to the U.S!!!
  5. stl08's Avatar
    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #5  
    Palm is trying to attract the new crowds, but really they haven't started advertising it besides on their website. Cingular hasn't mentioned anything either, just the price sheets. For the most part, their target customer doesn't even know what a 680 is yet because Cingular hasn't really been doing anything to spark up their interest.

    Where did you put a deposit on one, SG2? Baltimore?
  6. boilerjet's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #6  
    I agree with you to a degree on attacting new customers. However, I'm one of the the new customers who was looking to purchase either a 680 or 750. The problem, as I see it, is that people will start buying other products in the mean time. Most people (those who palm wants) only buy a phone once a year or every two years. Once they buy a phone, that person is out of the market. Plus, with all the new phones from nokia and the alleged IPhone which one version is suppose to have a touch screen and thumb board. All I can say, is the longer it takes, the more likely I am to buy something else or wait to see what apple or someone else does.
  7. sindu's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #7  
    Where is the store SG2...
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by SG2 View Post
    Wow, that's quite a he-said she-said! But, I put a deposit on one earlier in the week and the local store is scheduled to get them in the next few days or so.
    Was this a Cingular Reseller? It must be, because NONE of the Cingular stores will take deposits, commit or pre-sell any phone. let alone a Palm product that has a release date that keeps changing with each conference call and memo that they get!!!

    I wonder if that deposit you put down is not now spent on some latest Computer Game or Tech Gadget and the Rep that you Gave it to is giggling right now!!! Deposit? What Deposit? 680? Oh we don't have any and we don't take deposits on those....you must be mistaken ...Just kidding!!

    I really hope that we all get our phones next week. I know that Cingular store people are tired of me by now and will be glad to get me off of their backs!!!
    Rewards Network

    Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

    Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

    Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Caally View Post
    This is insane...I don't believe anything anymore.
    I couldn't agree more. There so much being said about the 680's availability without anything being said.
  10. #10  
    Good go to BB, we don't want you anyways!!!!!!

    Actually I'm just kidding. I was just trying to help you meet your quota! :P
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    ... thier PalmOne Supplier said that any phone they recieved would be functional and just as reliable as any other product Palm has shipped.

    LOL. I hope that's not true!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTenTodd View Post
    Good go to BB, we don't want you anyways!!!!!!

    Actually I'm just kidding. I was just trying to help you meet your quota! :P
    thx I've now met the quota. It sucks cause I really want this phone.

    Nice pic, Yeah to Mac's!!! No offense to PC users.

Posting Permissions