1.    #1  
    When my 650 rings, I can hear it but once I answer it I don't hear anything and the caller can't hear me. Also, the speakerphone feature that is usually shown on the screen disappears once the phone is answered. When I took my phone to the Sprint store, they gave it back to me within an hour and said the "receive calls feature" was disabled. I didn't even know there was such a feature on the phone. Is there? Anyway, the phone was fixed for a while, but then it happened again within a few days. What can I do to be able to hear my calls again? HELP!!
    Just for giggles --- go into system, preferences, Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and see if the problem disappears -- I suspect the Treo is thinking it is connected to a headset and the handset microphone and front speaker are thus turned off.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the quick reply. I tried it but it didn't work.
    DRAT (Try it again and do a soft reset right after?)

If that doesn't work, Hot Sync and do a hard reset. Does the phone work now? If so, continue with a clean install.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...02&postcount=2
    (you may start at step 3)

If the clean install does not work, I would make another trip to the Sprint store and indicate that it has done it again. Have them show you where the setting is -- so you can correct it back to normal yourself, if it happens again.

However, I would press them on why this is happening and whether the unit needs to be replaced or not. (Especially if the clean install did not remove the corruption that was causing the glitch, to me that means it is a hardware issue.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 11/16/2006 at 08:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by yessir View Post
    When my 650 rings, I can hear it but once I answer it I don't hear anything and the caller can't hear me. Also, the speakerphone feature that is usually shown on the screen disappears once the phone is answered. When I took my phone to the Sprint store, they gave it back to me within an hour and said the "receive calls feature" was disabled. I didn't even know there was such a feature on the phone. Is there? Anyway, the phone was fixed for a while, but then it happened again within a few days. What can I do to be able to hear my calls again? HELP!!
    Hmmm... Could this perhaps be the headphone jack issue? If you ;plug in the wired headset, can you hear the phone calls?