1.    #1  
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i bought a new treo 650 online and am experiencing a few problems.

the phone was supposed to be unlocked but is not. when i look for the imei number on the phone menu, it does not show a firmware or imei number.

what does this mean??? what should i do???

and when the screen shuts off, it wont come back on, i have to soft reset to get to come back on.

is this normal problems people have been having???

version cingular 1.04 cng
    You need to update the firmware to the latest version. It is much better.

You can spend a few bucks to unlock the phone.

Your IMEI number is under the battery, I think, if you need it.

You should be able to get the screen back on by pressing the red phone button.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I love broad topics.
    I would hard reset it and do a firmware upgrade. Are u on Cingular or Tmobile?
    The phone info screen won't show the firmware or IMEI unless the phone is on
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  6.    #6  
    well, I upgraded to cingular 1.17. I got the phone unlocked.

the only problem with the phone is when the screen shuts off, 7/10 times the phone will not come back on. I am pressing the red phone button, but nothing happens. I have to soft reset it to get it to come back on. I have hard reset, taken the battery out. I really like the phone but I think I may have gotten a bad one.

The problem is I bought it on ebay, and I doubt the phone has any warranty left on it.

any advice would be greatly appreciated
    I've seen this on some before. Another trick that sometimes works is to eject the SD card if you have one.

What 3rd party apps are running on it?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Use the rom tool from www.grack.com to change your firmware settings to ENA from CNG. Then use Palm's flash utility to completely flssh the phone to fw 1.71 and 1.20ena. See how that works for you and go from there. Also check your sim card, some Cingular cards don't work well with Treo 650s.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  9.    #9  
    its a tmobile sim
    My Cingular firmware (same version) does not have the problem you describe. I did have that problem in earlier firmware versions, though. You might just have a bad phone. Does it have the same problem after a hard reset? That is one way you could check and make sure some software is not causing a problem.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

11.    #11  
    yes it has the same problem right after a hard reset
    I guess it could be a firmware issue (highly unlikely), so you could try to reload thr firmware. More than likely it is a bad phone.

Quote Originally Posted by khart214 View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i bought a new treo 650 online and am experiencing a few problems.

the phone was supposed to be unlocked but is not. when i look for the imei number on the phone menu, it does not show a firmware or imei number.

what does this mean??? what should i do???

and when the screen shuts off, it wont come back on, i have to soft reset to get to come back on.

is this normal problems people have been having???

version cingular 1.04 cng
    I got the similar problem with my Treo as yours (did we buy the phone with the same guy on Ebay ? )
    When I got my first Treo, the phone is not unlock (as the guy say the phone is already unlock), Yesterday, I got the phone "truly" unlock, inserted sim card, Treo recognize the sim card and be able to make a few phone calls to test. However, when the treo turn off by itself, there's no way I can power it on, unless I have to remove the battery, soft reset. Sometimes, the display just goes blank and sits there for hours. It was my first Treo after my SDA took a plunge into water, I believe, no more Treo for me .. by the way, my treo650 has latest firmware.