Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://crunchgear.com/2006/11/16/bre...urer-screw-up/

The manufacturer forgot to connect the microphones.....

The manufacturer isn't HTC this time.

I am sure Palm is more pissed then we are.
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    Wow. wonder what was in that penalty clause....... Yikes.
    Can you hear me now?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    how can something be delayed when a ship date was never announced?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Don't drink the Kool-Aid
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    Apparently because it's silly season.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    So I'm about to drive home this evening. I suppose, should traffic develop, I would consider this a "delay" - despite not having told anybody (e.g. my wife) of my expected arrival time.

Silly season or not - money was certainly left on the table due to this delay...
    So the first 144,000 of us who order the TREO 680 will acctually own a REFIRBISHED model (as they have been returned, cracked open, repaired and resealed). Hmmm... Do you think PALM will discount the selling price?
    Why do you all just believe an unsubstantiated rumor from someone with no evidence? Do you really think ANY manufacturer, no matter how incompetent, would build 144,000 units and not pull one for spot testing? This same site reporting that the 680 was delayed because Cingular, Sprint, and Verizon were competing for it. Hello? It's GSM, this is so much B.S. If you are really this gullible, please contact me, I have a bridge to sell you.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    it is fun to speculate. NE wat 144000 is a prophetic number. :P
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Why do you all just believe an unsubstantiated rumor from someone with no evidence? Do you really think ANY manufacturer, no matter how incompetent, would build 144,000 units and not pull one for spot testing? This same site reporting that the 680 was delayed because Cingular, Sprint, and Verizon were competing for it. Hello? It's GSM, this is so much B.S. If you are really this gullible, please contact me, I have a bridge to sell you.
    A bridge? where? how much?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFly View Post
    A bridge? where? how much?

hahah lol

two seconds after I posted this in the AM, I was like wait a minute, wtf?

hey I had just gotten out of a test, so i didnt have any brains left...
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I haven't seen the insides of a 680 but I would have thought the microphone was soldered to the board rather than a seperate item connected via a cable
    Yeah, I'm gonna call BS on this one.
    I dunno. It sure would explain why Amazon suddenly pulled them from their site. Crunch Gear has the story: http://crunchgear.com/2006/11/16/bre...urer-screw-up/
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    I dunno. It sure would explain why Amazon suddenly pulled them from their site. Crunch Gear has the story: http://crunchgear.com/2006/11/16/bre...urer-screw-up/
    Why would the BS story link posted by the OP be any different posted later in the thread by you? Did you even read the thread before posting?

Besides that, where is the credibility here? Who else has picked up this story? Why? No sources, no comments, no one from either side (including Amazon) going on the record. What ever happened to real journalism. These days, anyone can create a domain and write a paragraph, and people give it credibility and call it news. Unitil I see more info, I call B.S.!!!
    Last edited by MattM2G; 11/17/2006 at 05:47 PM.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Well how do you explain 700p which is not made by HTC either?
    Cingular never really publicly announced a lot of phones. However the one besides the 680 that appeared on that Power Point document people want to dismiss, was the 8525. It's out, even though it's a little over 15 days after than the date given on the document. Also if the 680 is appearing on rebate forms, the signs are there that it's supposed to appear soon.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Well how do you explain 700p which is not made by HTC either?
    700P is made by HTC. 680 is made by Inventec.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Rome,

Yout got PM from me... a late reply
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast