Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hi guys,

I've just bought a second hand treo 600 unbranded do experiment with. It worked fine for 2 days, and i installed a lot of apps on it.
    Yesterday out of the blue it crashed for no reason, i though 'oh well ,no problem' and soft resetted it. It booted up and i was shown the virtual keypad with wireless mode off shown above. And from then on it just freezes or is extreeeemely slow.
    If i use a hardkey, the event occurs like 10 minutes later. Otherwise it doesn't do anything.

The battery was still good, it lasted for 3 days on extensive use.

When i put it in the charger it doesn't work any better,

has anyone got an idea?

Thx!
    You installed a 3rd party app that is not compatible or one of your databases got corrupted. Try a hard reset and see if your virgin treo still exhibits the same problem. When you said you installed a lot of apps, that's a giveaway. I recommend installing one app at a time and use it regularly for a day or two to see if it's stable. Then move on to other apps. Sometimes though it's a combination of apps that make your treo unstable - this is harder to troubleshoot. Good luck and welcome to TC.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hey,

Thanks for the reply, however i forgot to mention some details.

I already tried the for types of resets, and now when the digitizer appears, it already 'freezes' at the screen where i'm requested to press the screen with the stylus.
    It just doesn't do anything, but the screen isn't broken , it worked fine for 3 days.

I'm going to open it up today, remove the battery for an hour and see where to go from there.

Other suggestions are still welcome,
    anyway thanks !

M.
    I got a new battery about a week ago. After install (equivalent to a hard reset) the touchscreen calibration came up but after tapping the three targets, it would loop back again essentially starting over and do it all over again. I was stumped - I was afraid the screen might need replacement or the screen protector is putting unwanted pressure on corners. So I replaced the new battery with the old one just to troubleshoot and after a couple of the same digitizer calibration loops it went through and booted as normal. Then I reinstalled the new battery and it worked too. I'm speculating that the touchscreen is about to fail or the screen protector is causing the problem since just disassembling and reassembling the treo fixes it. Just FYI.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Okay so i opened it, unmantled it completely and physically unplugged the battery and left it like that for a night.

The morning after nothing had improved though, i'm seriously becoming desperate...