1.    #1  
    I'm unable to consistently connect my laptop to my 700p successfully to the internet. It works perhaps once out of every 20 tries. I keep getting the Error message #633. Anybody know what the problems is?
    sprint or vzw? what software are u using to connect?
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drlee View Post
    I'm unable to consistently connect my laptop to my 700p successfully to the internet. It works perhaps once out of every 20 tries. I keep getting the Error message #633. Anybody know what the problems is?
    I had this problem as well. Have you tried turning the phone off, then back on after you get that error message?
    I have the same problem with VZW & MacBookPro. Instead of the icon which shows a computer&bluetooth, the bluetooth logo turns to white... sometimes it says "connecting in progress"...then it will fail.

Soft reset, press reset button... take the battery out for couple minutes... nothing work. I delete the pairing on both end, re-pair them and that works sometimes.

If I turn the bluetooth to temp. visible, I can't find it at all. If it is set as visible, most of the time my other cell phone nor the laptop can find the 700p.

I think the bluetooth firmware is flaky....
    Make sure to turn off PPP echoing in any settings options.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by av8ors View Post
    I have the same problem with VZW & MacBookPro. Instead of the icon which shows a computer&bluetooth, the bluetooth logo turns to white... sometimes it says "connecting in progress"...then it will fail.

Soft reset, press reset button... take the battery out for couple minutes... nothing work. I delete the pairing on both end, re-pair them and that works sometimes.

If I turn the bluetooth to temp. visible, I can't find it at all. If it is set as visible, most of the time my other cell phone nor the laptop can find the 700p.

I think the bluetooth firmware is flaky....
    OT, beautiful aircraft in your avatar.
  7.    #7  
    I'm using the SprintPCS connection manager. I'm using my USB cable to connect the treo 700p to my dell notebook. its seems like this feature is so unreliable, it's just not worth paying the extra $40 for service.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    strange, works greast for me...maybe see if you can trial pdanet or usb modem and see if that makes any change, if not you may have another problem
    Sprint 700p
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drlee View Post
    I'm using the SprintPCS connection manager. I'm using my USB cable to connect the treo 700p to my dell notebook. its seems like this feature is so unreliable, it's just not worth paying the extra $40 for service.
    Oh, you are connecting via USB.
    Once I started using USBmodem the connection has been great for me! (It works perfect cabled, it's still a little buggy with the BT connection.

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    I have VZW and use USB for PAM, mine works about 50% of the time. When it doesn't work I end up unplugging and sometimes have to soft reset and then it will work again. The 700p is one step better than joke, but there's nothing better than it, which is sad.
    I finally found out what went wrong with my connection.

In the Mac OS X, open bluetooth preference -> Edit serial port and found the setting was set as "RS232" instead of "modem". After changing it to modem, the DUN works again.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    OT, beautiful aircraft in your avatar.
    Too bad it's not mine. :-(