1.    #1  
    It's in Russian but there are a lot of pics
    http://www.mobile-review.com/pda/rev...-treo680.shtml
    Wow!!! Look like it must be a comprehensive review!! I just wish I understood Russian!! The pictures are more than I have seen about the 680 anywhere else though....at least more clear and a lot bigger than anything on Palm's site!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    WOW!!! is right!! I am watching two 680's on ebay right now b/c my impatience with the 680 is getting the better of me. But looking at those pics makes me drool...

will not bid...will not bid...will not bid...must have willpower...
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFly View Post
    WOW!!! is right!! I am watching two 680's on ebay right now b/c my impatience with the 680 is getting the better of me. But looking at those pics makes me drool...

will not bid...will not bid...will not bid...must have willpower...
    You do realize that any ebay auction with a 680 will be someone who waits for the 680 to come out, buys it, then ships it to the winner at a markup, right? You're not going to get a 680 any faster that way. Just more expensive.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    You do realise you can select the English icon in the top right corner and the review will magically appear in English?
    Palm IIIx > m505 > Tungsten T > T5 > Red BlackBerry Pearl 8110 (only device work IT will allow!)
    Quote Originally Posted by harps View Post
    You do realise you can select the English icon in the top right corner and the review will magically appear in English?
    English Link

http://www.mobile-review.com/pda/rev...eo680-en.shtml
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Is it just me or anyone else thinks the screen looks so yellowish and gloomy. Compare it to the e61 in the picture and the screen looks bad and dim. The 750 looks bright and white. Weird
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    The guy who reviewed the phone made no mention of a dimmer screen, but I do notice what you're talking about in the pictures next to the Nokia. It may be factory set at a dimmer level to make up for the lack of battery power. You can always adjust it to make it brighter.
    nice find with the review. I am going to get a 680 , even if it is just for NOT having the antenna. I always put my treo in my pocket and worry about it.

Only this is? How will a 1200mah battery last as long as the stock 1800?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I'm sure someone will sell an extended battery.
  11.    #11  
    When I found it they did not have there english review up.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    The review site says:
    The drawbacks of the SMS application: long SMS separated into several messages are not supported
    But why would Palm remove that functionality when it existed in 650 and worked fine?

I also dont understand why they say:
    SMS and MMS are handled in the Treo 680 in a convenient fashion (previously there was a dedicated MMS app
    as i dont recall having found a application in the home view that switched directly to MMS. There is only the Messaging application on my 650.
    Is it just me or anyone else thinks the screen looks so yellowish and gloomy. Compare it to the e61 in the picture and the screen looks bad and dim. The 750 looks bright and white. Weird
    That's just because the reviewer has used a colour scheme with a light yellowy background. I think it's called 'Tree' on the T650.

I noticed in one picture that the new phone application has a dedicated 'SIM phonebook' category. I wonder if this replaces the seperate SIM phonebook application in the T650?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post
    You do realize that any ebay auction with a 680 will be someone who waits for the 680 to come out, buys it, then ships it to the winner at a markup, right? You're not going to get a 680 any faster that way. Just more expensive.
    This waiting (or rather I should say my impatience) is getting the better of me. I can't even type. I was watching two 650's (not 680's) on ebay. You're right I wouldn't bid on 680's as I've said in other threads. My point was intended to be that this review was giving me the willpower (for another day at least) to hold off on buying a 650 on the prromise of the 680. These pics sure look nice...
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Only this is? How will a 1200mah battery last as long as the stock 1800?
    Different radio is reportedly more efficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by kunjan View Post
    I got a chuckle out of the commentary on the OS. Apparently he objects to it's inclusion on moral grounds.

http://blog.kir.com/archives/homer-simpson.jpg

D'OH!!!!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Russian is such a cool looking language. The scenery is kind of bleak.
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!