Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Just goes to show that each of us' milage varies because of the unique apps that are the "glue" that hold our PDAs/smartphones together. I have problems with SkinUI and not PalmRevolt, while someone else with a different set of applications has the exact opposite experience.

Makes for an interesting, argumentative forum experience!

The transitions in themselves slow down switching between apps. Apparently "palminternals" doesn't know how to measure/record that! I do like the menu font enhancement of SkinUI but I don't care for the lag/delay of the transitions. Also don't care for the darkened popup screens.

dmitry is a talented Palm programmer and I'm collaborating with him on another beta right now - BluePill. During the beta of SkinUI I voiced to keep it simple, but in the end he didn't and I indicated I'd just keep 'em turned off! Individualism and customization options work well together and are good things!
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    you are right, it makes for an interesting forum, I like having the ability to customize an app to my likings. what is bluepill what does it do?
    Treoing & Loving it
    BluePill is a security app (similar to "msafe") that will allow you to send an SMS message to your Treo in the event it is lost or stolen, with customizable things the SMS will trigger, up to and including reformat the SD card and hard reset the Treo. It can be programmed to send a confirmation SMS that the "kill" SMS was received and processed by your Treo.

Where it differs from a couple of others that attempt to do the same thing is that it does it very fast (I was able to interrupt Butler's Remote Lock) and you don't know the message arrived (does not allow SMS incoming message notification) nor that BluePill is "doing its thing!" Another thing unique is that you have to know the security code (same as your Palm one) to delete the app (I was able to delete msafe like any other app, so if the person who stole your Treo found msafe and knew what he was doing, he could delete it, theoretically, before you could wipe it).

Join the trial and get a beta copy at:

http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119567
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    What is the status on this application? I am playing right now. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    BluePill is a security app (similar to "msafe") that will allow you to send an SMS message to your Treo in the event it is lost or stolen, with customizable things the SMS will trigger, up to and including reformat the SD card and hard reset the Treo. It can be programmed to send a confirmation SMS that the "kill" SMS was received and processed by your Treo.

Where it differs from a couple of others that attempt to do the same thing is that it does it very fast (I was able to interrupt Butler's Remote Lock) and you don't know the message arrived (does not allow SMS incoming message notification) nor that BluePill is "doing its thing!" Another thing unique is that you have to know the security code (same as your Palm one) to delete the app (I was able to delete msafe like any other app, so if the person who stole your Treo found msafe and knew what he was doing, he could delete it, theoretically, before you could wipe it).

Join the trial and get a beta copy at:

http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119567
    As of today, it is in production, cost: $7.95

http://www.palmpowerups.com/modules....howpage&pid=13
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousSource View Post
    ^^ Nice Porche thecigarman Who did the body kit on that one?
    Uh, google and 1src? I was lookin around for 320x320 backgrounds to see how they worked and I really liked this one.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    thanks same thing with skinui. I think I am going to stick with skinui I like the UI and animations. According to palminternals it is not slowing down the T700p at all. Any reason to side with palmrevolt over skinui other than convenience?
    When I was trying out SkinUI and PalmRevolt I found that SkinUI was causing spontaneous resets while PalmRevolt wasn't. Probably just a conflict with another app somewhere along the way. I haven't run PalmInternals but I also haven't noticed any slow downs with PalmRevolt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I downloaded, installed and bought within about 45 minutes. It works very well and as quick as quick can be. I attempted to interrupt it and was unable to do so. I highly recommend it for its remote functions capabilities.

I have mSafe, TealLock and Butler. I like mSafe's ability to respond with an email before powering off or executing a function; it's other functions are basic - it sits on the card not used. TealLock has been in use for a couple of years and I upgraded to v6 last night. Butler I use for nagging, not for security.

If anyone is looking for a remote locking/format type of solution that works very fast, Blue Pill is seriously worth looking at. Also, support from the developer is good.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    As of today, it is in production, cost: $7.95

http://www.palmpowerups.com/modules....howpage&pid=13
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    So playing with PalmRevolt, Fontsmoother, 2day and 4cast I have found a setup that works for me. The Font is Andy FB 18 and is found here:

Here is the screenshot too:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Blue Pill is a great app. It works great, takes up little memory, and does its one feature (securing your device) very well. And, it's at a great price.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    So playing with PalmRevolt, Fontsmoother, 2day and 4cast I have found a setup that works for me. The Font is Andy FB 18 and is found here:

Here is the screenshot too:
    Nice. Where'd you find that font?

p.s. Don't burn the turkey.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    Nice. Where'd you find that font?

p.s. Don't burn the turkey.

Hoovs, I attached it to the thread just above the photo link. I made it using FontSmoother.

BTW the turkey is in the oven and is cooking as we speak, now off to do some shopping on my one day off til Christmas w/out the wifey. Ya gotta surprise the wifey's..............
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I downloaded, installed and bought within about 45 minutes.
    If anyone is looking for a remote locking/format type of solution that works very fast, Blue Pill is seriously worth looking at. Also, support from the developer is good.

Ben
    I've been following the beta's of this program and just purchased it since I found out it was released. We never have enough security. This program "BluePill" is we'll worth the money!
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    Hoovs, I attached it to the thread just above the photo link. I made it using FontSmoother.

BTW the turkey is in the oven and is cooking as we speak, now off to do some shopping on my one day off til Christmas w/out the wifey. Ya gotta surprise the wifey's..............
    Thanks, I thought maybe you found it in a collection of fonts somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekzter View Post
    I've been following the beta's of this program and just purchased it since I found out it was released. We never have enough security. This program "BluePill" is we'll worth the money!
    In an attempt to un-hijack this thread (which I am guilty of), I've started a "BluePill" thread here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=129179
    actually I am the guilty party I started with anonymous asking about his fonts and buttons then I asked you about your beta. Sorry everyone.
    Treoing & Loving it
    is there supose to be anything in the box next to the percentage left of battery, i think there should be an estimated time before battery dies
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    is there supose to be anything in the box next to the percentage left of battery, i think there should be an estimated time before battery dies
    Plug it into the charger and see if doesn't say charging.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Plug it into the charger and see if doesn't say charging.

ohhhh, yes it does, that is what that box is for, thanks for clarifying that
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast