Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Fist off I dont know if anyone said this or not.. But text's are not advertised as instant... If you have anything important to say call them never count on texts.
    Agreed. Without some sort of delivery confirmation or other reliability check then texting is essentially just a gimmick in beta that we foolishly pay upwards of $10 a month to test for them. Your bill doesn't even itemize international texts - if you do a lot of them, watch out!
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I started having this problem a couple of months ago and it's really a pain! I called support and when I did my tower list got updated and I started getting all of my voice mail and text messaging so when I got on with support they sent me a test and then said well everything seems to be working... I'm getting a new phone because of a mic issue so maybe oh maybe that will fix it...

Mobile_Bob
    I've had this problem for two months. It's puzzling to say the least and the fact that you will get 10 different answers from 10 different Sprint reps is aggravating. With some of my own observations and troubleshooting I've narrowed it down to possibly being a device issue as other Sprint phones and Treos don't exhibit this problem. They've been giving me the run around after dozens of calls and trouble tickets without even a hint of a resolution so I just let the BBB deal with them. Hopefully that'll get the right people on alert and involved to fix the problem.

I'm an easy person to please and I would've probably been satisfied with a "it is a network issue and they are working on it" but nope. Like many have said Sprint doesn't know their right hand from their left hand.
    I had the same problem & the resolution they gave me was take off battery for one minute & then put back on again which will perform a network reset. Then after the phone boots up, do another soft reset with the stylus in the hole. The problem seems to have been solved thus far...
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    I had the same problem & the resolution they gave me was take off battery for one minute & then put back on again which will perform a network reset. Then after the phone boots up, do another soft reset with the stylus in the hole. The problem seems to have been solved thus far...
    Unfortunately, it's just a temporary solve
    I had this issue for the first time here in southeast Texas the past two days. I reset and it seems to be working again.

I hope that this will be fixed with the update. We'll find out more tomorrow!
    Its nothing an update will fix. Like I have said every sprint phone does it, its a local network issue from time to time. Sprint users will be having more and more localized delays because of the EVDO Rev A upgrade..

I have been with sprint for over 7 years and every phone I have owned has text problems from time to time. I know a ton of people with sprint and we will all be next to each other and all have the same text delay problem.

Also all other major carries suffer from problems in texts for time to time.
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    I have been with sprint for over 7 years and every phone I have owned has text problems from time to time.
    This contradicts what other users have said about only experiencing these types of delays with the 700p. Our Sprint rep received confirmation from Palm that the delays we're experiencing are a known bug with the 700p.

Are we talking about the same problem? We have it where our users will stop receiving any messages for days...or at least until they perform a reset. I'm not talking about the occasional lost or delayed message.

I'm encouraged that Palm listed "SMS send/receive performance" in the list of improvements included in the update.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234