Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    same problem here in Boston. 700p is set to allow roaming (cannot change this due to low coverage in my home) and frequently get delayed voice mail and text messages. Power cycle corrects within 10 minutes.

The delayed messages also impact a non Treo phone (samsung) on our account, as well.
    I'm getting the same issue. Delayed or late text messages. I have to either reset or turn off/on my 700p. Mind you that I'm also a member of a text messaging community (UPOC.com). Imagine getting 40-50 text messages come in back to back?...LOL

IGO
    Quote Originally Posted by chymo View Post
    This thread is similar to a problem I had yesterday. I was sending txts OK but wasn't receiving them at all. I took my battery out for 2 mins and then rebooted and all the once missing txts came pouring through...

Just try removing your battery and see if that works for you...
    I am having this problem as well. It isn't every day though. It might be just once every couple of weeks. It's really weird. I have replaced my first 700p for another problem and it was doing it on both of them. I had the 650 from the first day it was out until a few months ago and never had the issue. So I have to believe that it's something with the 700p.

I hope someone finds a reason this is happening at least. Maybe then we can find a better work around than pulling out the battery every now and then.
    I haven't gotten any messages since 6:30PM this evening...and this is with a 700wx. I was told I was sent over 11 messages in 5 hours and I get nothing. My phone will turn on like I just got a message but nothing shows.
  5.    #45  
    Is anyone else experiencing these long SMS delays with their Sprint 700p? If so, please post details.
    Have people been having success with the 'Home networks only' setting mentioned earlier in this thread? I'm having the delayed SMS problem too, was wondering if that really fixed it?
    My friend and I, both with SERO Sprint Treo 700p's, have this issue all the time.

Powering off and on fixes it, but that is a bulls*** workaround (don't call it a "solution"!). Who turns their phones on and off that often? If it weren't for this issue, I'd probably do it once a month if that!

How am I supposed to know I have texts waiting? People just think I am ignoring them. Time after time I miss out on time-sensitive texts because of this issue.

Just one more reason I am ditching Treo and Sprint for the youknowwhatPhone.
    I am in the same company as woodyanderson. He recently heard through the grapevine that a Palm VP has acknowledged the SMS delays are a known PalmOS issue. If that's true, we're actually needing a ROM update.
    As an aside, disallowing roaming, or "home networks only" does not work. Our company has firsthand experience in the several day delayed delivery of SMS texts to a device known to have been on "home networks only" for over a week.
    The bulk of our users are thoroughly unaffected by this, and there has been no discernible pattern as to who is affected or when. Anything which restarts the radio (removing/replacing the battery, soft reset, or power cycling the radio) will result in immediate delivery of delayed texts.
    I can confirm the same behavior with a 700p on Sprint in the Bay Area. My 650 never had this problem. But I'll reset my phone and suddenly get the last day or two's worth of SMS messages and voicemail notifications. I'll try switching to "home network only" and see if that helps, but recent posts to this thread indicate that it won't.
    +1 with SMS delays here in southeast Texas. Where's my friggin' update?!??
    I'm still seeing the problem even with my network set to "home network only". This is unacceptable! Any word yet on a fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by snahabed View Post

Powering off and on fixes it, but that is a bulls*** workaround (don't call it a "solution"!). Who turns their phones on and off that often? If it weren't for this issue, I'd probably do it once a month if that!
    I know not getting SMS is major pain in the *** (and there is no decent solution), so please forgive me when I interject some thoughts

I remember (I know I'm showing my age), when ...

-- you'd routinely turn off your phone and only turn it on to make a call.

-- a phone was just a phone and not essentially a mini-pc, CD and DVD player.

-- pcs that spontaneously gave 'blue screen of death'

Treos have 64MB and 128 MB of memory. Heck I worked on pcs that have less memory than that - back in the day 640 Kb. We'd ALWAYS turn them off each night because memory management was crap.

So maybe it is hold habit (or memory management is stll crap). I re-boot my work pc every week. I try and turn off and on (power cycle) my Treo at least once of day.

I agree with another poster... complain (I would suggest firmly with calm voice) and ask for 'free' feature for your troubles. For my sister she got a replacement Treo 700p and that seems to have fixed the SMS problem (just remember to Hotsync before you go to the Sprint Store to pickup replacement phone ).

my 2 cents.. all the vendors have some problem and I suspect no phone is perfect (well at least no PDA-phone). So you have to have sense of humor about these things... there's bigger things than your phone.
    Palm Pre and a nice collection of Treos: 755p, 700, 650, 600, 300 and Palm Pilots, Visors, and Sony Clie
  13.    #53  
    This text delay issue continues for us as we wait for a fix. Out of our 90+ 700P's, it happens about once or twice a week to a random user. It just happened to one user who has had his 700P for 7 months without any problems. Roaming or Home Networks only...it doesn't matter.

I refuse to tell our users to reset their phone daily. That is not what we were sold on. If we can't get some resolution on this issue, we will never go with a Palm device again.
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyanderson View Post
    I refuse to tell our users to reset their phone daily. That is not what we were sold on. If we can't get some resolution on this issue, we will never go with a Palm device again.
    Do you have to do soft reset?

or can you just power off and power on?
    Palm Pre and a nice collection of Treos: 755p, 700, 650, 600, 300 and Palm Pilots, Visors, and Sony Clie
  15.    #55  
    I think either one will work, although I do recall the power off/on didn't work for one of our users. I usually tell our users to just remove/reinsert the battery...since it's easier to explain.
  16.    #56  
    What do you think about this as an option for fixing the delays??

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php?topic=43935.new#new

A corrupt message store?
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyanderson View Post
    What do you think about this as an option for fixing the delays??

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php?topic=43935.new#new

A corrupt message store?
    I get delayed messages for sometimes 2 hours, but it only happens (albeit regularly) when I am at home. It did the same thing when I had my 650 and lived on the other side of town! Towers arent scarce as I live in a FULLY covered EVDO area and I have brought the problem to Sprint. I have tried almost everything...call voicemail, power cycling, removing battery, PRL updates, adjust roaming settings, soft & hard resets...nothing works! I gave up until I read this forum. I will try it this weekend and see. Maybe I should try to get one of those SERO plans...that would shut me up!
    I never had delays with my Treo 700p until this month, then I get delayed messages. Power cycling DOES NOT always help - via battery removal, soft reset, or power on/off. Making a phone call seems to help, esp. voice mail. I also stopped getting many incoming calls around this time; they go straight to VM and no indicator shows up.

These problems started around when I got an insurance replacement Treo 700p (audio jack).

2 calls to Sprint. One said they "reset my towers", which was not a PRL or anything. No effect. Another said to remove battery, which didn't help.

This is occurring in Bay Area and Chicago.

Sprint, I buy your phones to, y'know, use them. Your attention on this would be appreciated.
    Fist off I dont know if anyone said this or not.. But text's are not advertised as instant... If you have anything important to say call them never count on texts.
    There's also the nasty little habit that Treos have of making international texts without intending to.

There's no requirement (at least with Sprint) to enter an "international" prefix such as "011" before the number if you want to text internationally.

Combine that with the only way to unblock your number in the address book (*82) if you have your carrier set "caller ID block" and those "delays" or "drops" might be something else. My friend was never getting return texts from her boyfriend, and finally discovered that his Treo was sending ALL his texts to KOREA (at 15cents a pop!). Apparently Korea is "country code 82," and all you need to lose your ability to someone and get dinged a bunch of money is to have a "caller ID unblock" of *82 in your address book.

I read in another thread that someone called Palm about this, and they acknowledged the problem but refused to provide a simple fix to avoid this. Even if you alter the address book entry completely - the messaging application caches the old number and Palm says it's impossible to fix. Their answer: Hard reset, rename backup folder, hotsync and reinstall everything.

IMHO the messaging application itself is a major part of the problem, and if Palm's answer is to completely wipe the device in order to simply change a bad number in the message cache... that's one set of lazy and/or boneheaded engineers.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast