Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have not had any problems with SMS for the past month. Before that we had major problems in AZ and as soon as you called them and told them you were having SMS problems and told them the state they know right away everyone was having problem and I was told they were working on an upgrade and it would be back up in 24 hours. Well after a day my texts are now almost instant and I have experienced no delays, before I had sometimes 10-15 min up to day delays on texts even with other sprint users. Keep calling and hopefully they will work on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyanderson View Post
    Still working on this issue with Sprint. It seems that when our 700ps are set to "allow roaming"....and they do in fact roam or go out of a Sprint service area, they have problems when they try to register back on the Sprint network. All text messages then get queued for at least 72 hours.

When we set them to "Home Networks Only", they seem to not have the issue where the messages get queued for days on end.

I agree that power cycling usually forces a connection to the Sprint network, but that is not a solution in my eyes. Our users can't be thinking "I wonder if I have a text message waiting for me"...and the only way to get it is a power cycle.

Is anyone experience the long delays with your phone in "Sprint only" or "Home Networks Only" mode?

I'm having the EXACT same issue. This is definitely only a problem with the 700p, though. I had the 300, 600, and 650, and allowed it to roam whenever it could, and always received my SMS msgs on time. This issue only started when the 700p got into my grubby little hands. The issue only occurs if you've gone into an area where you were roaming, though, but it blocks all incoming SMSs until the phone has been cycled. Even msgs sent after you are back onto the sprint network don't get received, but you can send msgs just fine. Very frustrating - I shouldn't have to power cycle my phone every time I leave work just to see if I have any SMS msgs waiting for me! Hopefully this issue will be resolved, and find its way into a ROM update, if Sprint\Palm ever issues one for the 700p.
    Sprint Treos 300->600->650->700p
    Sprint Pre
    Virgin Optimus V
    ATT Galaxy Skyrocket (current)
    Kind of funny how Palm & Sprint fixed the SMS on the 700wx today, & we 700p user's are out in the dark! What gives?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    probably they thought that this issue (which has a workaround, though a crappy one) wasn't quite as critical as the one on the 700wx where they couldn't send to T-Mobile or Verizon *at all*.

I imagine our updates are coming...
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmrfresh View Post
    Even msgs sent after you are back onto the sprint network don't get received, but you can send msgs just fine.
    This is true for us. Eventually they all get delivered if you don't power cycle (usually around 72 hours after issue begins). Sprint is now tracing some of our lines to see if they can see the messages get queued up. I'll let you know what they find.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I have all the delays too. I should perhaps post this in another thread but very related my 700P crapped out and got into a reset loop. Did a hard reset and it started working again though I lost everything on it. Before that time I could get picturemail from tmobile just fine, since then I haven't been able to get a single one. I can get them from or sprint people and verizon just fine, but tmobile doesn't wanna come thru. Anyone have an idea on that?
    Have my phone set to "Home Network Only" but unfortunately I travel thru 2 different Sprint service areas, one of which is an affiliate network that Sprint leases from. Sometimes this issue occurs when traveling between the two areas, which I do daily.

BTW- the 2 Sprint areas DO NOT talk to one another, although there is a bit of an overlap between the 2. This results in calls being dropped once you get out of range of whichever system the call originated on. Of course, once your phone realizes it can no longer contact the distant system, it will switch, full-strength, to the closer network. SUCKS!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlion View Post
    I have same problem, every once i while texts stop coming. After I power my phone of and then back on again, I will get them all at once. Thought it was my phone.. love to know of any fixes if someone finds one.
    This is exactly what happens to me too. I just wish the problem was evident when it was happening....other than thinking EVERYONE is ignoring my texts.

the weird thing is outgoing texts seem unaffected when this happens, just incoming.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny View Post
    This is exactly what happens to me too. I just wish the problem was evident when it was happening....other than thinking EVERYONE is ignoring my texts.

the weird thing is outgoing texts seem unaffected when this happens, just incoming.
    Everyone in sprint gets the exact same thing... Normally a restart works just fine... but last week I had about 3 days without text, and constant restarts never fixed it. I never actually GOT those text that came in... just day 4 i started getting new ones
    What does "power cycle" mean? A soft reset?

Thanks, Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Sprint's texting SUCKS!!! They finally fixed the 700wx texting issue, now my 700p is getting delayed texts. Like Bigkenny said outgoing texts are fine, and get received. This started happening to me on Monday. I didn't know about resetting, but I had a "spontaneous" reset (happens quite a bit with my 700p) and all of them came in from my friends.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    this probably isn't a fix but something that has helped a few of my friends on sprint is making sure that every number in your phone book has the area code in front of it. before they only had the number itself and people they had sent text to rarely got them. I had my friend put the area code in front of my number in his sprint phone and then send me a text to my treo. after he did that I got it almost instantly. my manager had the same problem and when he started using area codes his texting issues disapeared. like I said I'm not sure if this will help everyone but it has helped a few sprint people that I know.
  13.    #33  
    Since we live in the Denver area, we have to enter the area code for all our calls since they overlap. All our 700p's have the full number entered into their address books. Glad that worked for you.

Power cycle means to either perform a soft reset or holding the power button in for a few seconds to turn the "phone" off. Holding it in again turns it back on.

Still working on our delay issues with Sprint. My case got moved to the Chronic Issues Group for some testing today. We'll see what happens.
    A power cycle will also occur on any reset of the Treo.

I just started having a problem with text delays about 3 or 4 days ago. My texts have been anywhere from a few minutes late to a day late. Up until now I've never had a problem with my texts. I hope they fix this...
    I would use this problem as an opportunity to get free features added to your phone account. Try to get the rep to bump up the # of free SMS to the next level over what you are now paying for.

No delays here. Works perfectly on Sprint and also on Verizon when I force roaming. This is texting to other Sprint users and Cingular users.
    This thread is similar to a problem I had yesterday. I was sending txts OK but wasn't receiving them at all. I took my battery out for 2 mins and then rebooted and all the once missing txts came pouring through...

Just try removing your battery and see if that works for you...
  19.    #39  
    This issue is now affecting our phones whether they are set to "Allow Roaming" or "Home Networks Only". Removing the battery or pressing the reset button will allow all queued up messages to arrive, but we are not looking at that as a fix. I'm still working with Sprint closely...but it's starting to look like it is an issue with the 700p and not their service.

Is anyone experiencing these delays with something other than a 700p??
    i dont get any msn alerts and it was fine up to 2 weeks ago
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast