1.    #1  
    ie. some sort of repeater antenna that can be fixed mounted somewhere in or on the house that just boosts the signal so I get more bars in my house (often no bars, inconsistent roaming bars).

Sprint says it has to do with how busy each tower is, but is there a solution?
    Try:

wi-ex.com

spotwave.com
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    First go outside and see if you get a decent signal. If you do then a repeater will help. If you don't have a good signal a repeater will not help.

The repeaters have an antenna that goes on the outside of your house and an antenna and box that go on the inside your house. They are not cheap... $300 plus.

You can see a CDMA example here: http://www.cellantenna.com/repeater/cae50.htm

If you don't want to walk around you can attach an antenna, like for your car, to your phone.

Hope that was helpful.
  4.    #4  
    Wow, that's a little pricey for the outside mounts. How do I attach a car antenna to the phone, is it a plug in or do I have to surgucally attach it to the antenna?
  5.    #5  
    Wow, that's a little pricey for the outside mounts. How do I attach a car antenna to the phone, is it a plug in or do I have to surgucally attach it to the antenna? I really would only have to have it in one room (the room with my PC gets the least bars...makes phone support diffucult when they want me at the PC, on a land line, and doing things with the Treo.)
    work great.
  7.    #8  
    WOW, it works great...but I have really bad hair after.
    On the serious side......

Tie a string to your phone, then duct tape the phone to the post under your mailbox out by the curb. NOTE 1: the mailbox will keep your phone dry ifin it rains...

NOTE 2: the flag on the mailbox being erected in the upright position will act as an antenna....

Then attach an old soup can to the other end of the string, NOTE 3: make sure the string will reach into the house.

One tug on the string will answer calls and two tugs will hang up the call.

If you need a repeater, have a neighbor hang out by the phone attached to the post under your mailbox at the curb and repeat what they hear from your phone to you.