Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Is anyone using BackupBuddy.net Pro? I am trialing and it seems to work well. Seems like a good idea to me in case your SD card gets corrupted while away from your PC or just to have an off-site backup of data. The only downsides I have found so far are schedule conflicts when Chatter is active and you cannot have multiple backup sets. Any other experiences?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty View Post
    Is anyone using BackupBuddy.net Pro? I am trialing and it seems to work well. Seems like a good idea to me in case your SD card gets corrupted while away from your PC or just to have an off-site backup of data. The only downsides I have found so far are schedule conflicts when Chatter is active and you cannot have multiple backup sets. Any other experiences?
    I've been using it for months. If it's conflicting for air time with Chatter mail's pulling down mail just run it manually from its icon. Even on my Treo 650 which is 90% full, it never takes more than a few minutes because it only backs up changes since the last backup, not the whole wad of Internal memory. Or set Chatter mail not to poll for mail so often. I run BBNet.Pro once a day on my Treo 650 and Treo 700p each. And no you can't have multiple backup sets with it. With BackupBuddyVFS you can but that one saves to your card, not to Blue Nomad's server, as you know.

Harv
    Last edited by hrlaser; 11/15/2006 at 10:57 AM.
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    If so how do you do that? Are there conflicts?
    I have been using it for a couple of months, and it is great. I have had the other backupbuddy programs, but this works the best, and has save me from problems on hard resets a number of times.

I use it manually, so I don't have any particular conflicts with other programs. I just back up at the end of the day.

Pilottreo1
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by professordave View Post
    If so how do you do that? Are there conflicts?
    A registered copy of BackupBuddy.net is for ONE Treo only. You can't back up one phone to their server and restore it to another. The registration is keyed on the phone's number and every cell phone has a unique number so it's one copy of the program per Treo. If you want it on two or more Treos then you have to buy a registered copy for EACH phone.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    My question was not registration but rather how are you using your phones?

Do they have the same phone numbers on each? address book entries etc

I would like to have two devices and each has the same data.

Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser View Post
    A registered copy of BackupBuddy.net is for ONE Treo only. You can't back up one phone to their server and restore it to another. The registration is keyed on the phone's number and every cell phone has a unique number so it's one copy of the program per Treo. If you want it on two or more Treos then you have to buy a registered copy for EACH phone.

Harv
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by professordave View Post
    My question was not registration but rather how are you using your phones?

Do they have the same phone numbers on each? address book entries etc

I would like to have two devices and each has the same data.
    I know of no easy way to have two Treos contain the same contacts on both of them other than pointing them at each other and tediously scolling through the contacts on each, and beaming those missing from one to the other and vice versa.

If you have one with 10 contacts on it and another with 100 contacts on it and ALL of the fomer's 10 are duplicated in the latter's 100, then you can simply delete all 10 from the fomer, and beam category "All" from the latter to it. Then they'll both have the same 100 contacts on them.

However if it's messier than that and the contacts are NOT the same on both of them, then you need a program that lets you merge the contacts on both so that they are the same on both with no duplicates. I don't know of any program that can do this yet, but I have been talking to a guy who says he can write one that'll do exactly that. I gave him all the parameters for what I'd want such a progam to do. It would sort of be the equivalent of copying all your browser bookmarks or all your stored email from one computer to another so everything is the same on both.

I think a "merge contacts between two Treos" would be a incredibly useful utility and I'm going to follow up with him and see if he has made any progress writing such a utility

Harv