Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    The other day I forgot my USB cable and found yself having to bluetooth tether, only I couldn't get it to work...

Now I feel I tried everything, but still can't get the thing to work with powerbook via Bluetooth DUN.

First off, I use "USB Modem" to do my DUN via usb normally without a problem. I do not have a tether plan, but do have unlimited data. I have never got an extra charge.

I tried DUN via bluetooth "on its own" and using usb modems option. Tried everything I could think of, w/ no luck.

I even got as far as "authentication failed" a few times. I tried the same numbers/usernames as when I do usb. I tried w/out, I tried different scripts, and I tried changing the serial ports back and forth from modem to rs232(sp?).

Is there some reason why the USB would work without a tether plan but bluetooth won't? or am I missing something?

I toggled everything on/off, for ppp settings, I just can't figure it out.

Any suggestions/input would be appreciated...thanks

700p VZW and G4 powerbook.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Are you using Missign Sync? Set prefs to Bluetooth enable (on powerbook and 700p as well) and discoverable/visible. Step through the bluetooth asst (under help in missing sync) and it should work.
    700p -> prefs -> connection -> new (call it powerbook)
    You'll use the HotSync app on Palm and set it to use your new powerbook connection.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I don't use missing sync,but maybe I'll give it a try. Thanks for the tip.
    noodlelest wet noodler
    I use Missing Sync but it won't happen a difference for bluetooth DUN. Almost sounds like you aren't using the right modem script. I don't use USB modem but I know it came with modem scripts. Are you using one of theirs?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    yes, I had noted I tried other scripts...
    noodlelest wet noodler