1. dot
    transfer old data on phone and sd card to new sd card
    i have backupman (love it) and now i got a new 2 gb sd card, i don't know how i get everything on new 2 gb sd card w/o losing data (cuz my score on texttwist is amazing)
    Last edited by dot; 11/14/2006 at 06:38 PM.
    Dance or Die
    If you have a card reader:

Copy the directory structure and all files from your old card to a temp folder on your pc.

Then put the new SD Card in you card reader and copy the whole directory structure and files back to the new card.

Put the new card back in your Treo. You should be set to go, although you may be asked to reverify some software program permissions that were installed on the card.

Cheers, Perry.
    If you don't have a card reader:

Get a card reader.
  4. dot
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post

Copy the directory structure and all files from your old card to a temp folder on your pc.
    uuum?
    i have a card reader
    so...
    just copy and paste all folders and icon for programs i see and paste them to new folder
    then reinsert new card and copy those to new card??
    Dance or Die
    Yup. Just get the two cards to look exactly the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post

Then put the new SD Card in you card reader and copy the whole directory structure and files back to the new card.

Put the new card back in your Treo. You should be set to go, although you may be asked to reverify some software program permissions that were installed on the card.

Cheers, Perry.
    Including the VOLUME.NAM??
    Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    Including the VOLUME.NAM??
    Good Question.

If memory serves me right -- I have done it both ways over the years with no apparent adverse outcomes. (64mb==>128mb, 128mb==>512mb, 512mb==>1GB, and 1GB ==>2GB) I would err on the side of copying it over. I believe the file is a "name" file for the SD Card "volume" and not a file that indicates to the Treo's system -- what "SIZE" the card is.

The benefit to bringing the file over is -- it makes the new card "look" in name, as well as, directories and files -- the same as the old card.

If the Treo chokes on the new SD card and thinks it is the same size as the old card -- then try it without copying that file over.

ANYONE OUT THERE WITH AN ABSOLUTE ANSWER?

Cheers, Perry.
  8. dot
    i got it, havin a paarty...i did it, all by myseelf...well, with you guys help
    at first i was having problems with card being seen as an alias and not even able to eject properly from computer when copied folder,

then after 3 tries i realized needed to copy and paste items IN folder, not the whole folder to the card(i guess i was confusing the computer)

everything is in... even my pix and MOST importantly high scores at textwist...

p.s.-i don't see a volume.nam, just coped and pasted ALL the icons and folders seen when select card in card reader...
    Dance or Die
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I did this very thing tonight. Went from 1GB -> 2 GB.... copy method is all you need to do.
    I did this exact thing 1 week ago. I simply placed the old card into my card reader on my desktop, copied all of the files into a folder on the desktop, and copied them back on to the new card. Worked flawlessly. Just like my treo.