Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    It appears to have 1.17 (Treo650-1b.17-CNG) firmware. Would it be worth it to update to the 1.20 Unlocked GSM Firmware.

Scott
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Not really. More hassle than it's worth. You have to first install an old beta firmware that doesn't check the type.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    Not really. More hassle than it's worth. You have to first install an old beta firmware that doesn't check the type.
    That's what i was looking for....thanks
    Beg to differ. There's a version of the upgrader around that's made specifically for the Cingular phones. Copy it to a SD card, pop it in, and you're done. No fuss. Done it a few times myself. PM me if you can't find it.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    Beg to differ. There's a version of the upgrader around that's made specifically for the Cingular phones. Copy it to a SD card, pop it in, and you're done. No fuss. Done it a few times myself. PM me if you can't find it.
    Hey Kardboard, I'm interested on that updater. Would you tell me where can I get it?
    I just got an unlocked Treo 650 Cingular branded phone.

The Firmware is 01.51 & Software is Treo 650-1.17-CNG Hardware A

I want to update to the 1.20 Unlocked GSM Firmware. Does anyone know where I can get the Upgrader specific for cingular?

Will this update get rid of the cingular software and splash screen as well?

thanks!
    Yeah i tried upgrading it to the 1.20 but it didnt work.

btw off topic Does anyone know if the Treo 650 for cingular could have AIM program installed to it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by jag123 View Post
    I just got an unlocked Treo 650 Cingular branded phone.

The Firmware is 01.51 & Software is Treo 650-1.17-CNG Hardware A

I want to update to the 1.20 Unlocked GSM Firmware. Does anyone know where I can get the Upgrader specific for cingular?

Will this update get rid of the cingular software and splash screen as well?

thanks!
    Same boat I was in a year ago, I went from the Treo 650-1.17-CNG (7.1mb partition) to the 1.20 Unlocked GSM (8.4mb Partition) and then used the ROM updater to put the 1.20 Unlocked GSM back into 7.1 partition.

Was it worth it? Absolutely!!! Increase stability and volume (no longer have to use VolumeCare). Not a single Reset (other than when testing new software) in almost a year.

I've got 2 650's running this and both are Rock Solid Hummers with very good reception and sound.

Here's the threads I used to learn how to do it...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=108580

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=107666

Read a lot before you start!