Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After trying many different bluetooth headsets (hbh-660, Plantronics 655, 640,Sony IV-835, Samsung WEP-200, JX10, Sony Hbh-608, Scala 500, H-700), I finally found one that works perfect. The LG Hbm-730. I found it at Best Buy on Saturday and boy was I surprised. This thing has noise cancellation, dsp, the works. Not to mention it's dimutive size. I haven't been able to get it to disconnect. It stays connected when you hang up from the headset or the phone. Sound is crystal clear and doesn't start getting static until about 15 feet. The cost of the headset is $69.95 at Best Buy in North Carolina. I would have paid twice that much for it. Very comfortable, and has descent battery life. I apoligize for going on and on but, I am so excited about this thing. I had switched to a Motorola KRZR because of the Bluetooth issue but now, home sweet home, back to my beloved Treo 700p with Verizon. If anyone has any questions, just ask.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boxters2 View Post
    I haven't been able to get it to disconnect. It stays connected when you hang up from the headset or the phone
    Hmmm.....not being able to disconnect would probably be enough to keep me from saying that it "works perfectly with 700p," as you stated in the title of this thread.

Just out of curiosity, what did you find wrong with the JX-10? I've had no problems, and it does in fact disconnect properly every time.
    I read that as "it doesn't drop the call," not "it won't release the call when I am done talking..."
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209 View Post
    I read that as "it doesn't drop the call," not "it won't release the call when I am done talking..."
    Ah. That would make much more sense, given the title. Of course, the JX-10 also doesn't drop calls for me.....
    Nor the Plantronics 645 for me (though it has other issues...)
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I finally found a headset for me that works awesome. Plantronics 320 explorer. Bought it at Radio Shack for $29.95 on clearance. It has worked flawlessly since I got a phone that actually supported bluetooth rather than one that acted like it supported bluetooth.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    not to be pessimistic, but there have been a hundred or so similar threads here touting a different headset each time that works "unbelievably" with the 700p. Inevitably, about 4 days later the poster is back saying it doesn't work so well. give it some time, but please let us know how it works after about a week.
    boxters2, how long you been using it?
  9.    #9  
    Just to clarify, when I mentioned in the earlier post that I had a hard time getting the Lg-730 to disconnect, I meant that I tried the normal things( hang up with headset verses hanging up with the phone) to get the headset to lose the connection like most other headsets that don't work properly will do. The only thing that I did have to do was reset the phone after pairing to get it to work. I mentioned in an earlier thread that the Samsung wep-200 will stay paired if you hang up with the phone and that the Sony Iv-835 will stay paired as long as you hang up with the headset. That is the primary reason that I mentioned that it was difficult to get the Lg to lose pairing when I tried to make it. I have had the Lg for about a week. I use my Treo for business, so I am a heavy user (about 3 or 4 hours a day talk time). I will say that is pretty bad that we all are even having to have this discussion in the first place, all bluetooth headsets should stay paired with the Treo. A firmware updated would be great. I hope this helps, sorry abouth the long post.
    I just got my plantronics 655, seems to work perfectly, no disconnects so far.
    I use the Scala-700 with my 700p, and it works great.

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I have the JX-10. My only problem (and I've had this problem with all the BT headsets I've tried w/700p) is that if I'm trying to talk to someone in a crowded room, or where there is background noise, the person I'm talking to can't hear me properly. Anyone else having that issue??
    All the time when I use it in crowded areas which is barely(Motorola HS820). I don't use Bluetooth often but when I do I am usually secluded from others.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    I have the JX-10. My only problem (and I've had this problem with all the BT headsets I've tried w/700p) is that if I'm trying to talk to someone in a crowded room, or where there is background noise, the person I'm talking to can't hear me properly. Anyone else having that issue??
    Yeah, the only drawback to the JX-10 is its poort dsp for filtering background noise -- so the only time I really use it now with my 700p is in quiet areas.
    Speaking of not being able to get it to disconnect, I used to have a 650. All my headsets on the 650 connected after a couple of seconds of ring (BT icon on Treo screen turns to a heaset) and then disconnected (BT icon back to normal) at the end of the call. This doesn't seem to be my experience with the 700p. I've tried 3 different headsets: the Logitech Mobile Traveller (worked fine with my 650), the Jabra JX10 and the Motorola H700.

All 3 exhibit the same issue but in different ways. The Logitech doesn't connect or disconnect the Bluetooth connection consistently. If it's not connected then it doesn't ring on incoming calls, won't answer them by pushing the button on the headset nor connect automatically if a call is answered via the Treo screen/keyboard. Once the headset connected it would function properly on each call. However it would stay connected to the Treo for about 5 minutes after the last call was concluded, and then finally disconnect.

The Jabra either wouldn't connect at all or was slow - IE I would answer the phone manually and it would either never connect or take up to 1 minute. If I tried to answer a call via the button on the JX10 it sometimes answered but often would hang up the call after 30 seconds. Either way once the connection was made it stayed connected.

The Motorola H700 rings and answers properly every time (and it's loud enough unlike the JX10) but it connects when it's turned on (boom opened) and stays connected until turned off. I've only had this one for a couple of days so I don't have a lot of experience with it yet.

WTF? Is anyone else seeing this kind of behaviour? Is there any consensus on what headset actually works properly, is loud enough, and comfortable at the same time?

Thanks folks
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I found a website that has a guy testing different BT headsets on his 700p. There are 9 different recordings with different sets, including the HBM-730 and the JX-10. From these recordings the HBM-730 seems the best. Take a listen and decide for yourself.

http://www.experienceparadox.com/bluetooth
  17.    #17  
    I stubled across the same website but, after I already had the Lg-730. It has been a couple more days sincemy original post and I still haven't had any trouble. I have also noticed that if I leave the room with my headset around and the Treo on my desk, the headset does a nice job of reconnecting to the Treo. When you get within visual range (about 19 feet) I can see the Treo wake up and reconnect to the headset. I was very surprised when I saw that. The first time I left the room without the phone, I just knew I was going to have to go through the whole reset the phone and re-pair the headset scenario. Was not the case though. I didn't mention in my previous posts about the Lg, the speed in which the call is transferred to the headset upon an incoming call. regarding that, there is almost no delay, FYI.
    I purchased the Lg-730 a couple of days ago based on this review. I have to say I too am having very good luck with this headset. No problems so far.

FL
  19. nwr
    Are you having any problems making it through the day with 1 charge. I used it talking for about an hour than I starting getting the 2 beeps which means it was ready to die and be charged again.
    Have not had any problems with charge. I charge it every night, seems to last all day without any problems.

FL
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast