Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    WEP200. One of the very best available and under $50.
    Does anyone know if this LG-HBM will work with Softick's Audio Gateway?
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    I've had no issues with the "ancient" Jabra BT200. I bought it with an adapter for my Treo 600, but using the adapter was too cumbersome. Once I got the 700P, I dug it back out.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    +1

I have tried the old Treo headset, a couple of Moto's, the JX10, and Plantronic 640 and 645. The Treo headset holds the best connection to the 700p but the sound quality is fair. The JX10 sounded terrible on both ends (tried 2 of them too). The rest wouldn't keep a connection to the 700p.

Now I use the WEP200. Holds a connection pretty well and reconnects with a touch on the button when needed. Best sound quality of the bunch. However, their customer service stinks. My first one quit charging and they made me send the whole unit/charger/cable and box back to them so they could look at it before sending me a replacement. 3 weeks later my replacement showed up. That is way too long. Plantronics will do their quick web service process and send you an advance unit in 2 days. Much, much better customer service.

Still the WEP200 works better with the 700p even if I "like" the 645 better.
    Hope you're right. After reading a BUNCH of messages - I thought the Plantronics 655 was one of the very best available. To each his own I guess. Just hoping Palm can/will straighten out this bluetooth issue with the 700p.
    Rigor and specificity make all the difference.

The most useful reviews come from folks trying many different kinds of tests and specifying what resulted from each.

Lotsa folks love, love, love their headsets either they encounter a different type of noisy environment (wind, higher-frequency sounds, etc.). It's no one's fault that their usage and environments are differ, but it's worth consideration.

That type of consideration breaks down the walls of subjectivity.

*bows*
    agreed. so far so good with mine
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Rigor and specificity make all the difference.
    So does a phone that supports BT properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn View Post
    So does a phone that supports BT properly.
    Apples and oranges.

When it comes to offering reviews that are useful to others, I stand by my statement.
    Yours has to do with the design/manufacturing end.
    ... and so do I. But thanks for your input.
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn View Post
    ... and so do I. But thanks for your input.
    What the hell are you talking about?

I'm not disagreeing with you, but you seem determined to argue.
    Couldn't agree more. Great performance so far in every aspect.
    I tried multiple WEP200 units, only to find they could not keep paired with my 700p, depending on how I ended calls (via headset button or phone button). That's been a problem with those units by other folks as well in previous threads.

Back to my trusty JX-10.
    Maybe if Palm comes up with a firmware update this Q (as has been rumored) some of the BT issues will be resolved.
    any updates on the LG Hbm-730

still running great?
    I am using my old Sony HBH-660. I have to say that except for the random disconnects, which is a 700P issue, it works great. I have looked at the newer headsets and even tried a couple. However, I keep thinking about how great the 660 seems to work. It connects quick, fits my ear good, sounds great on both ends, has great range, and long battery life. I recently tried the HBH-705 and it was pretty nice, but didn't sound as good as the 660.
    I've been using the Motorola H700C now for about 3 weeks. It has been the best headset I've used for the 700P.
    • It is very comfortable. Not as much as the Plantronics 510, but works better with the Treo in my case.
    • Closing the boom turns off the headset, so the battery is saved.
    • Closing the boom also prevents unpairing because it disconnects from the Treo.
    • Opening the boom "tickles" the 700P, and so far, has reconnected every time.
    • If you close the boom, since it is off, the phone doesn't un-pair if you go outside of the Bluetooth range.
    • Range and voice quality has been good.
    • I've had few complaints of poor reception (perfection is outside the realm of possibility with Bluetooth).
    • If left open, the H700 stays paired fairly well so far.

The only negative is that by the time I hear the phone ring, and I find and open the boom, the call has often gone to voicemail. What I'll usually do is answer the phone with the H700 boom closed, and if I want to switch to Bluetooth, I'll open the boom then.
    I do keep the headset battery well charged, because the few times I've gotten complaints from the other party, I suspect the battery was low.
    I have tried the Plantronics 645 and I like the fit. But the best NCS or DSP is the NXZEN Line. The NXZEN 5000 was very good and the NXZEN 6000 is also very good and small.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123