Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
  1.    #1  
    Just some info I came across.

    UPC# 805931016102
    MSRP $399.00

    Unlocked (Generic) Version
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  2. #2  
    I'd buy it for that price... unlocked/unbranded???

    cool...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

    justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
  3. #3  
    But what store? Palm?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Just some info I came across.

    UPC# 805931016102
    MSRP $399.00

    Unlocked (Generic) Version

    ... It's not in the UPC database (http://www.upcdatabase.com/itemnotfo...=0805931016102) but it does list the UPC as a PALM thing. Where did you find this?
  5.    #5  
    Not a regular store, this came from a vendor. I can't say at this point. Should be very reliable.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmg_P1OS21 View Post
    I'd buy it for that price... unlocked/unbranded???

    cool...
    Yes unlocked & Unbranded
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  7. #7  
    Don't you love it when someone throws something out like this but "can't" say where they heard it from?

    I'm surprised how much of a game the release of the 680 has become. Everybody knows something but nobody knows for sure or will say where they heard it from.

    For goodness sakes if you know something say it and don't be shy about telling where you heard it.

    The more smoke that's generated about the release of the 680, the more I'm leaning towards getting a Blackberry.
  8. #8  
    But then, what does a BlackBerry offer that a Treo...

    a) doesn't have, or
    b) can't do better?

    But then, I'm just another biased Palm fanboy, so what can I say? I'll wait until these things are popping all over eBay like the 650 is now at decent prices, heh. $399.99 seems OK, kinda, like buying a $200 unlocked phone in Hong Kong and a $200 PDA, except this PDA is very, very good. Worth it at that price? I don't think so, but with carrier subsidies it'll be OK.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange


    Canuck PDA
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    But then, what does a BlackBerry offer that a Treo...

    a) doesn't have, or
    b) can't do better?


    Applications? Lots and lots of 3rd party applications.....
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Don't you love it when someone throws something out like this but "can't" say where they heard it from?

    I'm surprised how much of a game the release of the 680 has become. Everybody knows something but nobody knows for sure or will say where they heard it from.

    For goodness sakes if you know something say it and don't be shy about telling where you heard it.

    The more smoke that's generated about the release of the 680, the more I'm leaning towards getting a Blackberry.
    I was just sharing some info. I am not a pass by night poster. I saw it on a private vendor website. They are anticipating units to be delivered and I can put them on order. This is a vendor I use on a daily basis and they only add items in their system when they expect products are very close to shipping.

    BTW when I posted this morning they were anticipated delivery this week. As of tonight it has been pushed out to mid-december.
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 11/15/2006 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Update
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    BTW when I posted this morning they were anticipated delivery this week. As of tonight it has been pushed out to mid-december.
    Why!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!!!!
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
  12.    #12  
    I didn't get a reason. This vendor may not have the first units. In the past they usually get Palm gear the week they are released.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    But then, what does a BlackBerry offer that a Treo...

    a) doesn't have, or
    b) can't do better?
    Fewer resets.
    It's available.
    Doesn't have the mystery surrounding the release.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    I was just sharing some info. I am not a pass by night poster. I saw it on a private vendor website. They are anticipating units to be delivered and I can put them on order. This is a vendor I use on a daily basis and they only add items in their system when they expect products are very close to shipping.

    BTW when I posted this morning they were anticipated delivery this week. As of tonight it has been pushed out to mid-december.
    Again, why the mystery? Why not just mention where you heard this information from? I think if people were more upfront with what they are hearing we'd have fewer rumors.

    But then again, people read what they want to read. Just take a look at the thread where someone bought a 650 and announced the 680 would be released today now that they had purchased the 650. It took a page of posts before people realized what the OP was saying. Before that, everyone was commenting on the release date.
  15. ion++'s Avatar
    Posts
    299 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Fewer resets.
    It's available.
    Doesn't have the mystery surrounding the release.
    Treo 650 is also available, and BlackBerry have some upcomming devices that is not available.
  16. sindu's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Again, why the mystery? Why not just mention where you heard this information from? I think if people were more upfront with what they are hearing we'd have fewer rumors.

    But then again, people read what they want to read. Just take a look at the thread where someone bought a 650 and announced the 680 would be released today now that they had purchased the 650. It took a page of posts before people realized what the OP was saying. Before that, everyone was commenting on the release date.
    But James has never been a 1 poster guys.... give him the benefit of doubt and understanding that he just can't reveal his source.

    BTW James, thanks for sharing the information. I will just turn off my 680 desire for the moment and wait till mid dec to turn it on again...
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
  17. #17  
    It could well be that the vendor doesn't except them until mid-December but that doesn't necessarily mean the release isn't until then. It could just mean the supply is constrainted.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  18. #18  
    Yeah, even I am not skeptical about this... he's been a mainstay here... with the customizing ROMS and his helpfulness... why would he put THAT reputation on the line???

    I see no reason...

    Like I said... that's a sweetspot of a price for me... =)
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

    justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by sindu View Post
    But James has never been a 1 poster guys.... give him the benefit of doubt and understanding that he just can't reveal his source.
    We aren't talking about top secret information. If the "source" shouldn't have leaked the information, then shame on the "source".

    If James is going to brag about knowing something, he should be prepared give full disclosure. And I'm not trying to single him out. Others do it as well and for some it's an ego trip.

    Not saying it's the case here but come on..... if you have credible information back it up with the source. The number of rumors will dramatically decrease.

    Then again, it's good for the forum for such open ended sources. Sparks tons of posts and conversations.
  20. Shucks's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #20  
    Why would they release in mid Dec?? Alot of Christmas money will already be spent by the consumers. I can't see the logic. I am not waiting on that. They will loose a lot of potential market share if this isn't out soon. Wasn't that the reason for the 680???
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

    REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions