Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    Why would they release in mid Dec?? Alot of Christmas money will already be spent by the consumers. I can't see the logic. I am not waiting on that. They will loose a lot of potential market share if this isn't out soon. Wasn't that the reason for the 680???
    You got a point there... but there is another Palm Forum in China whereby their member sucessfully bought a unit in ebay USA and had it shipped to China.... the cost was US$550. The guy is doing a detail write up and even upload the 680 rom for the following members to play around...
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sindu View Post
    You got a point there... but there is another Palm Forum in China whereby their member sucessfully bought a unit in ebay USA and had it shipped to China.... the cost was US$550. The guy is doing a detail write up and even upload the 680 rom for the following members to play around...
    Do you know on which forum? want to check it out
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sindu View Post
    Linkage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    Why would they release in mid Dec?? Alot of Christmas money will already be spent by the consumers. I can't see the logic. I am not waiting on that. They will loose a lot of potential market share if this isn't out soon. Wasn't that the reason for the 680???
    When has Palm / Handspring / Palmone / whatever shown any logic? They are always so terribly slow to market. What is revolutionary when it is pre-announced is always disappointing when it finally arrives. They ignore what the customers want, and ignore entire segments of their market. It's so damn frustrating!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    We aren't talking about top secret information. If the "source" shouldn't have leaked the information, then shame on the "source".

If James is going to brag about knowing something, he should be prepared give full disclosure. And I'm not trying to single him out. Others do it as well and for some it's an ego trip.

Not saying it's the case here but come on..... if you have credible information back it up with the source. The number of rumors will dramatically decrease.

Then again, it's good for the forum for such open ended sources. Sparks tons of posts and conversations.
    The "Source" didn't leak anything. I saw it. The information is on a secured vendor site. I can't say who. It doesn't really matter as most people won't know who they are anyway. This is not an ego trip, believe me or not I don't really care. If you have to have "full disclosure" then wait for the announcement. This is to me a realistic marker that it is coming soon, reletively speaking.

My thoughts, Cingular will release their version first, get some exclusivity. The unlocked versions will follow.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    The "Source" didn't leak anything. I saw it. The information is on a secured vendor site. I can't say who.
    Well that's a big surprise that you can't say who.

It doesn't really matter as most people won't know who they are anyway. This is not an ego trip, believe me or not I don't really care. If you have to have "full disclosure" then wait for the announcement. This is to me a realistic marker that it is coming soon, reletively speaking.
    Glad you don't care. If you can't reference your source, the realism of your marker has no foundation. I guess it's just part of the game that is being played.
  7.    #27  
    Found another location matching the UPC I have:
    http://www.upcdatabase.com/item.asp?upc=805931016102
    Here is a link to the Generic 680, this information looks very very similar to what I saw.
    http://www.techstore.com/60113ETD-di...O-680-GSM.aspx

Here are a couple more:

TREO680 Battery
    MFR# 3246WW
    UPC# 805931017994
    MSRP $49.99

TREO680 3PK STYLUS PEN
    MFR# 3276WW
    UPC# 805931018920
    MSRP $14.99
    Link to a store that shows them:
    http://www.techstore.com/60106ETD-di...TYLUS-PEN.aspx
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    hah, in the Techstore, some of the warehouses have a negative quantity available.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    The guy didn't say exactly where he bought it in the thread.

He provided the ROM, but I haven't check it out yet.
    He said that the 680 was already in the US market (which is clearly not true)
    and mentioned the price on ebay was 54X USD and plus express shipping it made up 600USD....
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I thought he mentioned that he got it from ebay USA and that is the reason he got it fedex with total cost at USD 600
    My feeling is he got from "special" channel and mentioned ebay to divert questioning of the source.

He didn't reply any question about the source in the following post.

Anyway, just wait for mine ...

The the original in Chinese, the answer is vague to me ...

价格还好了,美国上市了,在ebay的价格是54x美刀加上dhl到国内的价格要将近600刀了,所谓的200刀是签约价格。不过相信650会降下来
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    yeah... he mentioned that it was a used one as well.... where you are going to get yours...
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by stl08 View Post
    hah, in the Techstore, some of the warehouses have a negative quantity available.
    The negative is the number of units reserved by a customer from that warehouse.

Here's the Chinese posted above translated to English compliments of babelfish translater. Wonder what the deal is with knives

The price fortunately, US went on the market, was the 54x beautiful knife adds on dhl in the ebay price to the domestic price to have nearly 600 knives, the so-called 200 knives were sign a treaty the price. But believed 650 can lower
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12