1.    #1  
    I just got a 700p and an H500 headset. Neither came with the manual.

Last night I got them working together, no problem. Calls were automatically going to the headset.

This morning I took the phone with me for a few hours, but left the headset at home. When I got back, I got a call and it went to the Palm, rather than the headset, even though they were sitting right next to each other. What do I do to re-connect them? I'm guessing I don't go through the setup process all over again.

Also, how do I reconnect to the headset if I'm already on a call on the Palm?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Heavy Doody; 11/15/2006 at 11:11 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Okay, I think I've halfway figured this out. When I get (or make) a call on the Treo, I answer it there, then push the button on the headset to switch it over.

Anyone know of a way to reconnect it before that first call?
    Good question.

I have a similar problem. In fact, even if my 700p and bluetooth are next to each other, but not used for over 10 minutes or so, the calls will go to the Treo and not the bluetooth. I can hit the button on the bluetooth to transfer a call, but it can take up to 30 seconds or so to reconnect. Kind of a pain. I would like them to remain synced as long as they are in proximity to each other.
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
    anyone have any luck with this - my 700p stopped communicating with my motorola H700. i deleted the device and paired it again - the treo shows it but it doesn't do anyting when i make or receive a call. i'm stumped!
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    anyone have any luck with this - my 700p stopped communicating with my motorola H700. i deleted the device and paired it again - the treo shows it but it doesn't do anyting when i make or receive a call. i'm stumped!
    Try a soft reset...that does it for me. You shouldn't have delete the device first...just "reboot" the 700p and it should pair OK after that. I wish we could get a fix for the BT pairing issues.
    Centro <- 700P <- 600 (3x) <- 300 (4x)
    Yeah, BT headset connections have never worked that well for me. I have a 650 and a Palm Treo headset, and I'm constantly deleting and re-pairing it. Works for a little while, then nada...

While that experience is not in any way unique, here's something that's really strange: my headset picks up much more readily when it's FARTHER AWAY from the Treo. I've seen this 100 times, I'm sure I'm not imagining it. Often I'll get a phone call and the headset won't connect sitting right next to the Treo, and other times it can be in another room, or in my bag in the back of the car and it will pick up right away! I wonder if anyone else has noticed this?
    Quote Originally Posted by KCRickSS View Post
    Try a soft reset...that does it for me. You shouldn't have delete the device first...just "reboot" the 700p and it should pair OK after that. I wish we could get a fix for the BT pairing issues.
    thanks - i'll give that a try - is this problem consistent with all BT and the 700? is there a more reliable BT i should look at?