1.    #1  
    Searching (or using "Find") my Contacts has become unbearbly slow. I have only 400 names and it just takes forever. Can the contacts be corrupt? I sync with both a PC and a Mac. I supspect "MissingSync" but I am not sure. I am running a Sprint 650 with VoiceDial, VolumeCare, TMP, SnapperMail, and some other minor programs. I have tried hard and soft resets. Any ideas on speeding this back up? Thanks in advance!
    Using Filez...How big is your ContactDB?
    1search pro is a cool search tool for your contacts.
    here's some info i found, doing a quick search.
    http://en.pdassi.com/product.php?prod_id=12816
  4.    #4  
    Using Filez...How big is your ContactDB?

6.6 m

I know something is wrong because sometimes when I edit a contact, like adding a birthday, it will not save the info. I have to edit in the desktop and sync instead.
    Looks like you have some corrupt entries in your Contacts database. I had a similar problem where I couldn't edit some entries and the best solution I found was to export all of my contacts out from the desktop as .vcf files, delete all contacts on the Treo and desktop, then import the .vcf contacts back into the desktop and sync. I'm replying on my Treo right now so I can't dig up the thread, but if you do a search on my posts you can probably find it easily.
    -Tim
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimR View Post
    Looks like you have some corrupt entries in your Contacts database. I had a similar problem where I couldn't edit some entries and the best solution I found was to export all of my contacts out from the desktop as .vcf files, delete all contacts on the Treo and desktop, then import the .vcf contacts back into the desktop and sync. I'm replying on my Treo right now so I can't dig up the thread, but if you do a search on my posts you can probably find it easily.
    -Tim
    This is THE exact problem I have. Export and import fixed everything. My Treo runs twice as fast and has more memory! Thank goodness for these forums! Advice: In hind site, I should have exported each category separately instead of all at once. Exporting as a .vcf does not remember catagories.
    Last edited by Plank; 11/15/2006 at 06:44 AM. Reason: problem resolved
    Sorry for the late response but ya..thats the reason I asked how big your contactDB was. Exporting contacts is what fixed my issue as well.