Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Has anyone used this headset with a 650? If so what were the results?
    Thanks for the help.
    My summary:

The best bluetooth radio strength and compatibilty (speed of picking up calls, for example) of pretty much anything on the market with the Treo 650.

Earphone volume is OK, but the included earbuds allow for a lot of background noise. There are alternative rubber earbuds that may help.

Microphone is OK, but there's no DSP curcuit to filter out background noise.

There is a widespread counterfitting problem with this unit. Almost all the ebay units are bogus. Newegg's are too. Amazon and TreoCentral's are fine. The charging case or ac adapter should NOT say Bluetooth (it should say Samsung), and there are NO external earhooks.

Overall, I like mine, and will keep it, after having tried and returned an AX2, and a Plantronocs 510 and 655.

But read the thread listed above for the full story.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I first had a Jabra x10 and had lots of complaints from people on the other side of the phone.
    Lost it and thought twice about paying 100bucks for another.

Bought the Samsung wep200 and am Extremely happy.

I had no problems with it AT FIRST, but now when the phone crashes / resets I have to pair the device again.. what a pain.
    And this is a problem on the Treo 700 side...
    The Wep200 is great.. they need to fix the Bluetooth on the 700 with a future update.. this is ridiculous..
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    I bought one last week. I am satisfied with its sound. But I can not use its redial function according to the instruction of manual.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    ya, Im having problems using a lot of functions on it. It sometimes does not answear when pressing the BT button, I can't redial either (Or havent figured out how to do it.) I thought I read that you hold the button down until you hear a beeb..
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    "I thought I read that you hold the button down until you hear a beeb.."

I try it but nothing happens. In the instruction manual it shows that to hold the botton until you hear a beeb, then you release the botton. And to hold the botton until you hear the second beeb. But it still fail.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst View Post
    There is a widespread counterfitting problem with this unit. Almost all the ebay units are bogus. Newegg's are too. Amazon and TreoCentral's are fine. The charging case or ac adapter should NOT say Bluetooth (it should say Samsung), and there are NO external earhooks.

I bought mine from Newegg and it was not a counterfit product.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Frydog

Treo 300 ----> Treo 600 ----> Treo 650 ----> Treo 700p ----> whats next???

www.lostorder.com (Gaming)
    www.big-hump.com (Hashing)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    I first had a Jabra x10 and had lots of complaints from people on the other side of the phone.
    Lost it and thought twice about paying 100bucks for another.

Bought the Samsung wep200 and am Extremely happy.

I had no problems with it AT FIRST, but now when the phone crashes / resets I have to pair the device again.. what a pain.
    And this is a problem on the Treo 700 side...
    The Wep200 is great.. they need to fix the Bluetooth on the 700 with a future update.. this is ridiculous..

I have the wep200 and have used it with no problem with my 650. Just got a 700p this week and initially the wep200 worked fine, then yesterday, although I can get the two to connect, it does not work when I am on a call. If others have had this problem, is there a fix (other than purchasing another brand BT device)?

Thanks
    I bought my headset off Ebay and both the charging case and charger say Samsung. It was working fine up until now I can get it to stay charging. What do you guys think my problem might be? Do you think it's a counterfit?