1.    #1  
    I have a new Treo 700p with Sprint service. The Treo came with SprintTV which is an app that allows me to watch streaming video (news, music videos, weather channel, etc.). On the Installer CD that came with the Treo, there's an app called MobiTV. Is this the same thing as SprintTV? Is there any reason to install it? When I go to the MobiTV website, it seems to imply that SprintTV is the Sprint version of MobiTV.

Thanks!
    Coming atcha from Phil a del phi a

Nokia 6160 --> Sony Ericsson T610 --> Treo 700p
    Sprint TV is the sprint version of MobiTV. I used to have mobitv but switched over to sprintTV, mostly because I wanted Fox news rather than MSNBC.

Pilottreo1
    Quote Originally Posted by pilottreo1 View Post
    Sprint TV is the sprint version of MobiTV. I used to have mobitv but switched over to sprintTV, mostly because I wanted Fox news rather than MSNBC.

Pilottreo1
    And I switched to Mobi because I wanted CNBC
    pilottreo1 is correct, Sprint TV is powered by MobiTv. The channels are different from one another. Sprint TV also looks better.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  5.    #5  
    Thanks, all...one follow-up question. Are there some channels with MobiTV that are completely free? Or are they all subscription based?
    Coming atcha from Phil a del phi a

Nokia 6160 --> Sony Ericsson T610 --> Treo 700p
    yall are full of it. MobiTV kicks all kinds of crap outta sprint TV. sprint TV costs sooo much money cause it charges for individual channels and they play it on the crappy kinomaplayer. Mobi Tv costs the same as 2 srpint Tv channels. Most of the sprint crap is just video files that are stremed on demand, not actual constantly playing TV channels. I cannot stress this enofe MobiTV > SprintTV
    MobiTV has more channels, and more live channels. All you can eat for $10. Even with my 25% corporate discount, it's 1 dollar cheaper to get service from MobiTV directly.
    You do the homework and then you make your choice. It depends on what you want. I find that most of what I got on mobitv (discovery, tlc, abc news now, fashon tv, weather channel, etc.)) I now get with Sprint TV live. Again, there are some differences. I dont really care for MSNBC, and would rather have the ability to watch fox news over that. Everyone has their own preferences. The real question is, do you use it enough to justify the $10/month?
    Pilottreo1
    Yes MobiTV has a lot of channels, more than Sprint, all I said was Sprint TV looked better streaming. I don't use either so I don't give a rats ***, I'm good with my CorePlayer and Kinoma 4
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I have both Sprint TV and MobileTV. I have had numerous issues with the Sprint TV (mainly jerky, unclear picture and constant buffering interruptions), and have been in contact with Sprint tech services (obviously a misnomer) to try and clear up the problems with no results. On MobilTV I do get some interruptions, but the picture is generally very clear and much better than the Sprint TV picture and the interruptions are substantially less. I think I am correct in my assumption that the two apps use the same signal so I can't attribute the difference to getting a better signal for one app than the other, so I am at a loss as to any reason I would have better reception on Mobil than on Sprint. Anyone have a clue? I would like to keep both because of the different content, but unless there is some improvement in Sprint TV I will dump the app.
    Legalbeagle
    So what do you actually get with Sprint TV. I was looking yesterday and I saw a whole bunch of previews like Comedy Central, VH1, Swimsuit, Cartoon Networks. Are these part of any packages?