Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    OKay so whenever I configure my digitizer/touchscreen dealy in prefs, a day later it moves? Meaning that I would like suddenly have to press 2cm ABOVE a button I want to select to actually select it.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    No, i never experienced that. Did you try the usual resolutions? soft reset? hard reset?
    Are you using the Graffiti Anywhere or BugMe programs? There may be a corruption and you will need to uninstall and reinstall either program.

If this is not the case:

Hot Sync to back up.
    Hard Reset
    Play with this "unloaded" Treo for a day.
    If the drift continues -- you need a new Treo.
    If the drift stops -- than you had a software conflict with some third party software and you need to do a clean install:

Hard Reset your 650, creating a "just out of the box" 650 (unless it is just out of box)
    Rename your backup folder on your PC to backupold
    (Programs>Palm>userid>backup to backupold)
    (The backup folder houses the 3rd party software you have installed in case a back up from a hard reset is necessary -- renaming the folder takes it out of the loop.)
    Hot Sync the 650 to your userid.
    You should have a clean Treo 650 with only your PIM data brought back.
    (PIM = appointments, memos, tasks, contacts)

Now run this way for two days. No drift? Then:

Now install your desired 3rd party software fresh onto the 650 -- NOT from a backup! (Also, get the newest version, while you are at it.)
    When you Hot Sync again, a new backup folder is created, with the freshly installed 3rd party software backed up.

This should cure the corruption that was causing the drift.

Cheers, Perry