Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    I know I'm a little nuts about Treos, but it's reassuring that I'm not THAT nuts. I can't believe that many people are preordering on Amazon when they don't even have a solid release date, or even a picture of the thing, for crying out loud. There's no detailed info, no word on colors. I mean, I know we're all a little anxious, but that's just crazy.

Think about it. What are the chances that Amazon is going to be able to ship this thing before Palm makes it available on its website? I'm guessing zero. So why not just wait for the official announcement? At least then you'd know exactly what you were getting before you whipped out your credit card.

It's clear Amazon was told by someone (probably Palm) that the 680 would ship in a week or two. So we should be seeing that announcement from Palm sometime this week or next. If not, then Amazon won't ship it on time. There's no way they can start fulfilling orders before the product is released by Palm.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post
    It's clear Amazon was told by someone (probably Palm) that the 680 would ship in a week or two. ... If not, then Amazon won't ship it on time. There's no way they can start fulfilling orders before the product is released by Palm.
    Dunno bout that. The word "Usually" in the expression "Usually ships in 1-2 weeks" can be used to cover all manner of sin.
    How can amazon overlook this thing??? Just curious?
    Is this a collecting piece made out of expensive diamonds ?
    And I must add, I love THE LOW PRICE.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTenTodd View Post
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    Dunno bout that. The word "Usually" in the expression "Usually ships in 1-2 weeks" can be used to cover all manner of sin.
    Actually, usually is an outright lie in this case. How can something that has never shipped before "usually" ship anything?

But that's my point. They won't ship it before Palm officially releases it, regardless.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
  5. DTS
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Perry, where are you?
    Your boyfriend ain't comin'
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack View Post
    Must be a lot of pre ordering for the 680. When I posted this morning the sales ranking was 30,000th, now its #475 :

http://www.amazon.com/PALM-1049NA-Tr...outThisProduct
    Amazing....it is now #198
  7.    #27  
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by newtonjack
    Must be a lot of pre ordering for the 680. When I posted this morning the sales ranking was 30,000th, now its #475 :

http://www.amazon.com/PALM-1049NA-Tr...bosnation0e-20

Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post
    Now #185 as of 3PM. Looks like a winner at this early stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post
    Now, is that for Sales? or is it for page views? Because I've seen about 30 blogs, forums, and other links that all point to that same page. And if every one of us who is waiting for a real release date keeps clicking on those links from their Google search for "Treo 680" and expecting a different result each time, then that's a LOT of potential page hits...

(As I hit <refresh> again on Palm's site to see if the "Buy Now" button is live on the page yet...)
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by RawData View Post
    Now, is that for Sales? or is it for page views? Because I've seen about 30 blogs, forums, and other links that all point to that same page. And if every one of us who is waiting for a real release date keeps clicking on those links from their Google search for "Treo 680" and expecting a different result each time, then that's a LOT of potential page hits...

(As I hit <refresh> again on Palm's site to see if the "Buy Now" button is live on the page yet...)

It is where the product is ranked in sales in its catagory, when you click the link and scroll down it says "Amazon.com Sales Rank: #185 in Electronics (See Top Sellers in Electronics)"

http://www.amazon.com/PALM-1049NA-Tr...bosnation0e-20
    Bad News.

It now listed as "Availability: This item is currently not available. Request this item from another seller." on Amazon.
    Bad News.

It now listed as "Availability: This item is currently not available. Request this item from another seller." on Amazon.
    Sold out! Wow!
    Sold out! Wow!
    You've got to be impressed with an item that can sell out that doesn't exist yet.

I'm surprised Real Estate sales on the moon hasn't had a jump lately.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    More and more I might just buy a 650...this is getting old...

Then again, maybe I just need a life...
    Patiently TRYING to wait
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Bad News.

Sold out! Wow!
    I wouldn't conclude it's sold out at all. Indeed, I asked Amazon to clarify if this was or was not an unlocked phone. The sent me a canned response stating that Amazon carries phones both locked and unlocked - not very helpful I took the option to select the hotlink to indicate this did not answer my question and, again, reiterated I was asking if this specific phone was unlocked. Got a higher-up to respond it is unlocked (phew!) and an indication that there was much confusion over this item. (Indeed, you can't find it thru the normal search - I needed to use the link provided above and in the TreoCentral article.) I got the distinct impression from the Amazon higher-up that they were frustrated by this offer and intended to fix it. Apparently, they fixed it in the "safe" way (i.e. indicating it's inavailability)
    I wonder if they will cancel all the 680 orders placed through that link? It wouldn't be the first time Amazon has done that and it won't be the last.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I can remember when Canon released a new digital camera, the 5D I believe. At the same time they also released a $1,000+ lens. The camera alone runs upwards of $4,000.

Amazon began accepting pre-release orders for the camera + lens for $4000. Tons of orders were accepted and tons of orders were canceled by Amazon.

Amazon has a history of jumping the gun. I really don't see them having the 680 before Cingular has them for a while.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Amazon has a history of jumping the gun. I really don't see them having the 680 before Cingular has them for a while.
    Amazon's webmaster must be as anxious as most of us are to get a 680.
    I couldn't wait and bought a 700p from Sprint. If the coverage isn't good at my house I'll wait and take it back when the unlocked 680s come out. Hopefully it will be before my 30 day trial.
    At least with the 700p, you can get 3G speeds. Hopefully you got in on a SERO plan w/Sprint.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast