1.    #1  
    which would be better/more stable - tried Kinoma but the video files played horribly, skipped, blurred images. Plus lots of files didnt play at all.

CorePlayer looks good but not sure.

You have to buy either one so does anyone prefer one over the other in terms of quality and features?

Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Are you on a 700p? If so, I find the new Kinoma to be pretty good for YouTube and Google videos. The built-in menu is pretty good. I think CorePlayer promises to play more formats but they seem to be having some issues getting the Palm version 100% ready.

Do you plan on streaming video or watching things off your SD card?
  3.    #3  
    oops sorry I should Have been more specific...

700p Verizon
    No stream, mostly pics and wmv files downloaded from web/emails

thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    kinoma 4 is your best bet right now cause it supposably supports wmv. But coreplayer will support wmv at the release of 1.05.
    Google is my Best Friend

The Building of the Biggest Software Site EVER!

http://www.treoquestions.org/questions/downloads.php
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    oops sorry I should Have been more specific...

700p Verizon
    No stream, mostly pics and wmv files downloaded from web/emails

thanks!
    If the files are just your regular WMV desktop files it's unlikely they will play. If they are mobile sizes you have a chance. (It's not a pentium, you know...)
    At this time, I use Kinoma for streaming audio, and TCPMP for ripped DVDs. Not ideal, but neither does the other particularly well at this time.
    I was using TCPMP with my treo 600 for ripped DVD's and it played great. I sad was because I am finally waiting for my treo 650 to arrive. Watching movies with TCPMP is nice and they sound great. How is the Kinoma n the Treo 650?
    Kinoma doesn't play .avi files so stick with TCPMP for that.

Kinoma's great for wma streaming though
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    TCPMP is what you need. Just recode video files or DVDs with an AVC/H.264 encoder. The best part is that it's free.