1.    #1  
    Allow me to introduce myself. After having the T|X for nearly a year I decided a couple of weeks ago to switch to a Treo 700p. I have a new business, started about seven months ago, and constantly needing to go back and forth between my Palm and my Razr was a pain.

And I have to admit, I am a technology diva, and somehow the 700p just seemed so much cooler than the 680. So as I sit here typing on my MacBook Pro, waiting for my Piel Frama case, I just thought I would drop in and say that not everyone is jumping ship. And this after doing a hard reset last night (I screwed something up playing around with different apps and the phone wouldn't log in to the network).

So hello to all. Thanks for stopping in to my silly little thread. And I leave you with one last question: Is there such a thing as the perfect BT headset?
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Hey welcome to the party. I'm a Mac fanboy myself, and I use a 700P with it with no problems. I'm very happy with both. You'll see that the 700P is a rich and robust device and this forum is awesome as well!
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    welcome, I love my 700P and I use the HS 850 and have no problems what so ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by macaddicted View Post
    Is there such a thing as the perfect BT headset?
    No, there is no perfect BT headset. It all comes down to trial and error. You'll have a bunch of people tell you that the one they use is the greatest, but that doesnt mean it'll work for your Treo!

$$ is no object for me; I've tried them all. A good friend of mine uses the Plantronics 320 which initially was said not to be compatible with the 700p. It has worked flawlessly for her. For me, I had to remain as still as a mummy. One slight shift and I heard rice krispies!

This is what I mean by someone else's choice may not work for you.

Welcome & Best of luck to you!!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    welcome, I love my 700P and I use the HS 850 and have no problems what so ever.
    I bought a HS-850 at CompUSA for about $45. It was my first ever BT headset, and I didn't totally like or dislike it. I've ordered a Palm Treo headset from Amazon which I'll see if is any better. The HS-850 was light on volume (as many reviewers on many sites also complain about). I hear the Sony Ericsson HB-662 (not exactly sure if HB is the right prefix) was good, but I think it might be discontinued. So far, with the HS 850, I've run into the problem where the headset would beep at the beginning and ends of the calls, but would not connect the audio. Many have said that a soft-reset of the treo clears this problem up. Others have said the HS-850 is of questionable durability/build-quality. They said the little rubber piece padding the ear breaks off within about 2 months of use. When I get the Treo 650 headset, I'll see if it works any better with the Treo 700p. If not, I guess we'll just have to wait for an upgrade of the treo BT stack from Palm/carriers. (If I remember, I'll update this note after gaining some experience with the Treo headset.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Are you still using the T|X or have you totally disgarded it in favour of the 700p?
    Reason I ask is that I'm a T5 user (also a Mac user) and considering either the new 680 or 750 depending on which allows Blackberry Connect in Australia but was looking at using both devices together.
    Palm IIIx > m505 > Tungsten T > T5 > Red BlackBerry Pearl 8110 (only device work IT will allow!)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by harps View Post
    Are you still using the T|X or have you totally disgarded it in favour of the 700p?
    Reason I ask is that I'm a T5 user (also a Mac user) and considering either the new 680 or 750 depending on which allows Blackberry Connect in Australia but was looking at using both devices together.
    No, I'm not using the TX anymore. To be quite plain I wasn't using the TX or the RAZR to their fullest. With the 700p I have all the software I need (planner, contacts, business calculator) integrated with the phone. One problem is that my new carrier doesn't work as well as my old carrier at my house. But I can tell already that I am working more efficiently. I'm finally getting on top of all the information and tasks I need to take care of.

It all depends on how you run your life. For me the Treo has been a lifesaver, and I regret not getting one when I bought my TX. It makes for one less device I need to carry.
    Quote Originally Posted by macaddicted View Post
    No, I'm not using the TX anymore. To be quite plain I wasn't using the TX or the RAZR to their fullest. With the 700p I have all the software I need (planner, contacts, business calculator) integrated with the phone. One problem is that my new carrier doesn't work as well as my old carrier at my house. But I can tell already that I am working more efficiently. I'm finally getting on top of all the information and tasks I need to take care of.

It all depends on how you run your life. For me the Treo has been a lifesaver, and I regret not getting one when I bought my TX. It makes for one less device I need to carry.
    Pls, can i have your TX?