1.    #1  
    Not sure if it is real. The price is pretty good, but you have to pay one month before you can get in mid Jan.
    Are you guys going to order it? Any idea?

Link
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Why give someone money now for something they're not going to get for another month, assuming their estimate is correct
    I agree. I am hoping that they will be in local Cingular stores before that date.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    can we say scam?
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Don't do it! It doesn't look like an obvious scam but something seems not quite right about it.
    Brandon
    I agree people don't take a chance on it. I almost got ripped off when I was looking for a Powerbook G4 on ebay, and it turned out that the guy already scammed 6 people for $1000 each. I am very skeptical when purchasing electronics off ebay and besides the phone will be out in just a matter of time. We know that the phone is definitely coming out and its just a matter of when. From someone who have no patience whatsoever waiting for product releases; its better to wait and buy from a reputable source then get ripped off and not get any phone at all.

Just my 2 cents

Caally.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Wow, what a sceptical bunch. I have had great success buying a number of things off eBay including electronics. I haven't checked this guy out (for reasons I'll mention below) but he very easily could be legit. Check his feedback and make a decision for yourself!

Having said all that, I can't understand why anyone in the US would bid on these phones. Wait until late January!!! I'm way to impatient at this time to wait two months for a phone on the hope I'll save a hundred bucks or so. How can you bid on something that hasn't even bee priced yet? (And yes, I've been to my cingular store, too, and looked at the price sheet, but they were VERY quick to tell me that "these may not be the actual prices upon release.")

Anyway, I think there is a good chance he's legit, I just don't see why people would want to bid on it. You will get your phone much sooner by getting it though cingular (and probably even Palm) by waiting a week or two. Now if you live outside the US, that's a different story. . .
    Yeah but the problem has not even hit the market yet. There is NO WAY I would ever buy something that has not been released let alone not even being able to see it in person.

I have also had good luck on Ebay but there are times when you have to sit back and really think about it. The Ebay user says he is not expecting the shipment until Jan 15th, it may be available in the stores by that date. I would just wait. There is not need to be the first person to have one..LOL.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Is that for a locked or unlocked 680? If locked, just wait for Cingular, the price will be around the same if you sign a contract.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  10.    #10  
    One reason makes me skeptical is the price. It is much lower than any prices leaked so far. It could attract some people, but it could also put the bid in doubt.
    Plus think about how much money this person will have upfront. They will have $310x50 which is roughly $15,000. This definitely sounds like a scam. The ONLY way I would trust a deal like that would be from an authorized B&M store or from someone on this board who has proven they are trustworthy.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    ETA Jan 15/07 ?? WTF - no way bro - wait for Cingular soon, thats your best bet.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Yes, I am going to wait...
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com