1.    #1  
    i know you guys have been waiting longer than the wx people, but i was wondering... rumor is that the wx update will be the end of november. do you think that will happen when the p has been here longer? i had the p and moved to the wx. i know that thay both have issues , but is one more than the other? i wished we would all get up dates soon. any word on when the p is getting theres?

don't want to start a fight. I was just was wondering how likely the wx is on the end of november?

thanks, cody
    They having been "P" ing on us for a long time now. I would like to get a phone that doesn't need an update right from the start.
    I think a wx fix might come sooner because it has a more critical problem (SMS).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    I think a wx fix might come sooner because it has a more critical problem (SMS).
    I agree. Besides PALM has a self loathing issue as evidenced by its willingness to kill its own heritage operating system.
    It's also unclear what kind of "update" this will be for the 700wx:

1) Just a patch for SMS?

or

2) Full rom uprgrade e.g. new AKU build, Palm Messaging, etc?

Really hard to say at this point. There have been rumors that the 700w from Verizon is getting a full ROM upgrade soon and it's been 7 months since the last 700 upgrade, WM is up to AKU 3.2 (Treo is 2.1) so it makes sense that Palm would be working on a full upgrade.

OTOH, it could be just a simple patch to fix the SMS and they'll worry about the full upgrade later. Anything is possible at this point.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    Agreed....I would expect this to be a higher priority at the moment. There is, however, a 700p update in the works. Ask any knowledgeable sprint rep to look it up, if they're nice enough and know what they're doing, they'll find info on it.
    can you please elaborate on this legendary 700p update? lol
    I'll get excited when the "P" update actually appears; until then, its all just rumor.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by macsteroni View Post
    can you please elaborate on this legendary 700p update? lol
    Like I said, find a friendly sprint rep when he's not too busy and chat with him about it (even better if he's carrying a 700p) and see if he'll look up any information they'd have on an update for it. I was told this (and shown on the computer) twice in stores and once when one of the top bluetooth techs at sprint called me back on a trouble ticket (re the headset disconnecting issue). He told me at the time that the update would fix like 7-8 things but headset disconnects weren't on the list, bluetooth randomly turning off is the only thing on bluetooth related on the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Like I said, find a friendly sprint rep when he's not too busy and chat with him about it (even better if he's carrying a 700p) and see if he'll look up any information they'd have on an update for it. I was told this (and shown on the computer) twice in stores and once when one of the top bluetooth techs at sprint called me back on a trouble ticket (re the headset disconnecting issue). He told me at the time that the update would fix like 7-8 things but headset disconnects weren't on the list, bluetooth randomly turning off is the only thing on bluetooth related on the list.

How about the LAG? That is the major concern, at least for me at this point. The 650 was more functional at it's release even though it had the problem with memory! The lag is really a pain. I am almost ready to go to the WX which is not bad.

How soon do we get the 750 form on the CDMA format? Will that be the linux based palm with the Palm overlay in June or later??
    I'm thinking it's gonna be the 700wx, the text problem is a huge problem. The 700p is in dire need of a firmware upgrade as well.
    Jimmie Geddes