1.    #1  
    I am using this (unregistered version). The Enabled box is checked, The setting is Manual: All. There are no Exceptions.

The program never pops up, after completed calls, unanswered (missed calls), ignored calls ... anything!!

What am I doing wrong?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    eh... you really must be an optimist. Even the developer(s) had given-up on this one.
    Actually I have been using Ludus W 2.2 and mine works great. I set mine to manual mobile because Spints text to phone(landline) is flaky (if it even still works at all) Exceptions works great and the VMP is a god send. If most people that call u are calling from a landline its probably not the app for you (though i dont know how other carriers handle text to landline) other than that I think its a great app.

Hope this helps some
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  4.    #4  
    I wouldn't send any txt msg to landlines, but shouldn't Manual:All be simpler for the software to handle? Basically, it has to pop-up after every terminated call. And I get to decide what to do. The problem is, the software is doing nothing.

Ludus used to very responsive when Sharkmsg was being developed. I figured that LudusW would be better and will have continued development/bugfixes.

What is the alternative to LudusW? YourCall by Iambic?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    What is the alternative to LudusW? YourCall by Iambic?
    Despite the bugs (esp. with Treo 650), CallFilter appears to do the job (though there is no manual option available, which may be a good thing). Just lock it with RLock and be aware that it is disabled after a HotSync (invoke CallFilter and exit to re-enable it again after a HotSync).
  6.    #6  
    Where is Tyler? Does he hang around in some other forum?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    hey aprasad,

i try to read treocentral every other day or every three days at most. i'm sorry to hear that LudusW isn't working for you... it seems like Palm's guidelines don't hold true for every carrier, so some set ups (like frank's) work extraordinarily well, while others don't seem to get picked up at all.

the one thing that's strange about this scenario is that you have a Cingular treo, same as me and it works fine on mine. most of the reports i hear about it not working are european treos and even a couple in singapore.

did it ever work for you? or did sharkmsg ever work?

best regards, tyler
    Where is Tyler? Does he hang around in some other forum?
    He hangs out at 1src.

If you arent sending text to landlines just set it to manual mobile (since you wont be sending text to landline anyway) This at least should get the app working for you. If you like maybe I could help ya get it working Just drop me a PM and Im sure we can figure this out.

P.S. If im not mistaken there were two version 2.2 out there so maybe redownloading the 2.2 from say MyTreo.net or the LudusW site might be your answer.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by LudusAdmin View Post
    hey aprasad,

i try to read treocentral every other day or every three days at most. i'm sorry to hear that LudusW isn't working for you... it seems like Palm's guidelines don't hold true for every carrier, so some set ups (like frank's) work extraordinarily well, while others don't seem to get picked up at all.

the one thing that's strange about this scenario is that you have a Cingular treo, same as me and it works fine on mine. most of the reports i hear about it not working are european treos and even a couple in singapore.

did it ever work for you? or did sharkmsg ever work?

best regards, tyler
    No offense meant. I was surprised by the lack of traffic in your forum here. Everyone must be happy with the products!

SharkMsg used to work. I figured that LudusW would work better, being more recent and being actively developed.

I'll try Franko515's suggestion of setting it to Manual:Mobile.

The application look up the incoming number in the addressbook to figure out if it is a mobile #?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515 View Post
    He hangs out at 1src.

If you arent sending text to landlines just set it to manual mobile (since you wont be sending text to landline anyway) This at least should get the app working for you. If you like maybe I could help ya get it working Just drop me a PM and Im sure we can figure this out.

P.S. If im not mistaken there were two version 2.2 out there so maybe redownloading the 2.2 from say MyTreo.net or the LudusW site might be your answer.
    I;ll try your suggestion of Manual:Mobile. It should be easy to verify whether that works.

So, will LudusW pop up in all these circumstances for calls from mobile phones (as determined by the address book?)?

Incoming call
    ignored by tapping the Ignore button in Phone
    unanswered
    answered and terminated by me
    answered and terminated by the other party

Outgoing call
    terminated by me
    terminated by the other party
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I;ll try your suggestion of Manual:Mobile. It should be easy to verify whether that works.

So, will LudusW pop up in all these circumstances for calls from mobile phones (as determined by the address book?)?

Incoming call
    ignored by tapping the Ignore button in Phone (YES)
    unanswered (YES)
    answered and terminated by me (NO, if i understand correctly. You mean if you answer the phone, when the convo is done you hangup?)
    answered and terminated by the other party (Not sure what this means)

Outgoing call
    terminated by me (NO, if i understand u correctly. You mean if you call someone and hangup before they answer ? )
    terminated by the other party (not sure what this means)
    Basically how I understand it, this app is for sending text when your away fom the phone(must be in auto for this) or in a meeting and cant answer right then and want to send a text from a set of predetermined messages (in manual for this). It also has a VMP (voice mail pad) that I love.

Hope this helps some, im sure we can get this figured out

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  12.    #12  
    Terminated = hang up first :-)

I'll experiment some more with Manual:Mobile

Does it look up the address book to figure out which incoming call is from a mobile phone?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Terminated = hang up first :-)

I'll experiment some more with Manual:Mobile

Does it look up the address book to figure out which incoming call is from a mobile phone?
    Good question, I would assume so. But you know what they say about assumptions

Dont forget to keep me posted of your results

Palm Pre (Sprint)