Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    so i went down to my local cingular store to ask about the 680 and the guy tells me he has no idea when it will arrive but it should be in the next two weeks, but he did have the prices and such
    its $299 with two year contract
    $499 for just the phone unlocked and all
    and i think its like 199 if you get the two year with $40 a month data plan
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w
    Ooohhh thats pricey, especially if I have to still convert U.S to Canadian currency. Just have to wait and see.

Caally
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Congratulations.

Lots of people have already discovered this.
    It's cheaper than Treo 650 when that came out ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by stl08 View Post
    Congratulations.

Lots of people have already discovered this.
    Thanks for the congrads...

Since you seem to know what the pricing for Rogers please do tell.

"Blessed is the man who, having nothing to stay, abstains from giving us worthy evidence of the fact."
    George Eliot
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caally View Post
    Thanks for the congrads...

Since you seem to know what the pricing for Rogers please do tell.

"Blessed is the man who, having nothing to stay, abstains from giving us worthy evidence of the fact."
    George Eliot
    Great quoteth, but I wasn't congratulating you. I was congratulating jpizzaj, who indeed posted the Cingular prices. I never said I knew the prices for Rogers.
    Great quoteth, but I wasn't congratulating you. I was congratulating jpizzaj, who indeed posted the Cingular prices. I never said I knew the prices for Rogers.
    I was being sarcastic.
    My bad...the way I interpreted it was that you were taking a shot at me because I said I found the price to be high.

The 700wx in $549 CAD so I can't see the 680 being higher than that if this indeed is suppose to be a lower end phone.
    I never saw the $499 for unlocked before. What I think I saw was $425(or 9) if bought with no contract. $500 for unlocked would be great! Although I'm not too sure Cingular will sell the unlocked, but it would be great if they started selling unlocked phones!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    also on the list of phones the store said they would be getting was the "treo blackjack" is that the black 680 or something else entirely?
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by jpizzaj View Post
    ..........$499 for just the phone unlocked and all
    Not very likely. I think that price will be for a Cingular branded and locked device, with Cingular software. I expect "unlocked" to be $600-, available late, only from Palm. Even unlocked.com is silent on the 680. Still, that is about $100- less than the 650. While that is higher than the competition, it is about the right premium for (the last?) POS.
    Unfortunately your salesperson doesn't know what they are talking about. It's the Samsung blackjack and it's a Windows Mobile smartphone (as in not Pocket PC like the Treo).

I was in a store yesterday asking also and I was told they were getting two Treo models both 3G. I said no the 680 isn't 3G, but of course the "saleperson" (I quote this because a real salesperson knows their products and also knows the customer is always right) insisted that both will be 3G. *****!

Quote Originally Posted by jpizzaj View Post
    also on the list of phones the store said they would be getting was the "treo blackjack" is that the black 680 or something else entirely?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680