Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Ok...I've got a Treo 650 with Cingular and I'm rather happy with it. However, I would like to switch to Verizon because my notebook has built in EVDO and I get a discount on that if I have phone service with them as well.

    The Treo 680 looks right up my alley, but as far as I can see, it's only going to be on Cingular at the moment. The thing I really like about the 680 is the removal of the antenna, or what I affectionately refer to as the "crotch-jabber".

    Is this form factor coming to Verizon? Do I have other options?

    Richard
    Treo 650 with 1 GB SD card!
    http://www.rkuo.com
  2. #2  
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $only$ $the$ $750$ $and$ $680$ $have$ $this$ $form$ $factor$ $right$ $now$. $I$ $haven$'$t$ $seen$ $any$ $information$ $suggesting$ $the$ $700$* $range$ $will$ $see$ $anything$ $like$ $this$. $What$'$s$ $ironic$ $is$ $that$ $the$ $GSM$ $devices$, $having$ $come$ $so$ $late$ $in$ $the$ $run$ $of$ $new$ $products$, $are$ $actually$ $getting$ $some$ $of$ $the$ $long$-$awaited$ $cosmetic$ $adjustments$ -- $especially$ $the$ $removal$ $of$ $the$ $exterior$ $antenna$ $stub$.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $only$ $the$ $750$ $and$ $680$ $have$ $this$ $form$ $factor$ $right$ $now$. $I$ $haven$'$t$ $seen$ $any$ $information$ $suggesting$ $the$ $700$* $range$ $will$ $see$ $anything$ $like$ $this$. $What$'$s$ $ironic$ $is$ $that$ $the$ $GSM$ $devices$, $having$ $come$ $so$ $late$ $in$ $the$ $run$ $of$ $new$ $products$, $are$ $actually$ $getting$ $some$ $of$ $the$ $long$-$awaited$ $cosmetic$ $adjustments$ -- $especially$ $the$ $removal$ $of$ $the$ $exterior$ $antenna$ $stub$.
    Irony, perhaps. I like to think equity.
  4. #4  
    Not gonna happen. CDMA requires the antenna on the Treo.

    So I have been told.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treodoctor View Post
    Not gonna happen. CDMA requires the antenna on the Treo.

    So I have been told.
    Why would the Treo need an antenna when operating on CDMA? I don't think that's true...regular CDMA phones don't need external antennas, why would the Treo need it?
  6. #6  
    An internal antenna would work fine for CDMA Treos as demonstrated by the zero antennas for sale. The 680 and 750, however, are only offered in GSM models at this time. There is no mention if they will be offered on the CDMA side. If they are, its possible they may put an EVDO radio in the 680 since it can handle 3G on the CDMA side.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    Why would the Treo need an antenna when operating on CDMA? I don't think that's true...regular CDMA phones don't need external antennas, why would the Treo need it?
    That's what I was told by someone very "in the know."

  8. #8  
    CDMA has the 700p, there's really no need for the 680 on CDMA.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

Posting Permissions